• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wouldve probably pulled the trigger on the winter parka if it had been fake fur. Even tho it is removable, at that price point and being Chinese made, I shudder at the conditions in which that fur (and down) was obtained... Not pointing fingers at spier, because all big brands have the same problem.. would've gained points going fur free!

hard to please everyone I can see some people see it as a benefit to have real fur at this price point...

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few valiant attempts to dress up cord as a suit, but it really is a casual fabric better suited to wear with woollen sweaters, oxford shirts, denim, flannel and tweed. Stay with the Welcome Back Cotter vibe.

I say, bring it every which way:

01123811-E5C9-474B-B7A3-683D22A70D2A.jpeg
D3F2E987-51F1-4132-8BC1-7DAA742A5C12.jpeg

zewill

Reaction score
Beautiful coat. I don't think I could pull it off tho. Find the houndstooth pattern a tad large. You rock it! Still, couldn't resist going for the black and white houndstooth because I could try one at the bay. Spier price was a no brainer indeed. Went for 38r because I wear 38 jackets... hope the sleeves are not too short I'm 6feet2... Hesitated with the 40. Final sale thought... Might have to buy the 40 aswell :D

Here you go. I bought this on regular sale and thought it was a great deal. At closeout price + 20% it's a steal! Half the price of my Suitsupply jackets and I say equal quality.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay, are you bringing in more navy DB suits this Spring? a recent IG post implied as much.
my size in last years offering has been SO for some time.

OuterHeaven

Reaction score
Did the price go up this season? I recall Bottoli jackets were generally around $300. Now they are closer to $350.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads