• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What’s the sizing on that Commuter Parka?

If I’m an L in S&M sweaters wound I be an L in the parka? 18.5” shoulders and normally buy a 40 jacket then slim the chest and waist. Sometimes a 40L.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How “casual” is the brown cord sport coat, want to pair none CM way (ideally would be something more camoshita/ts/eleventry like, ie shorter than CM proper and slimmer lapel)

Ps don’t get me wrong I like CM, just want to use this for different purpose

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need sizing advice for the 5 pocket cords. I wear 35 slim in trousers and chinos. How have you guys sized them in relation to your trouser size and how has that worked out with a cold wash hang dry? Thanks.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
How “casual” is the brown cord sport coat, want to pair none CM way (ideally would be something more camoshita/ts/eleventry like, ie shorter than CM proper and slimmer lapel)

Ps don’t get me wrong I like CM, just want to use this for different purpose
I have the older, non neo cord sport coat in navy, and I wear it pretty casually, such as with rollnecks, ocbd's, crew neck sweaters, cotton trousers. Corduroy is very casual.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few valiant attempts to dress up cord as a suit, but it really is a casual fabric better suited to wear with woollen sweaters, oxford shirts, denim, flannel and tweed. Stay with the Welcome Back Cotter vibe.

Last edited:

drfwtx

Reaction score
Need sizing advice for the 5 pocket cords. I wear 35 slim in trousers and chinos. How have you guys sized them in relation to your trouser size and how has that worked out with a cold wash hang dry? Thanks.
I ordered the same as my trouser size for success. I wear contemporary 35. There’s one pair (I got 3 colors) with the allowable variance from piece to piece in size that could use a slight taper (I won’t do itonly cause I’m cheap but I notice cause I’m a perfectionist). But seat and waist were consistent from trouser to casual.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the older, non neo cord sport coat in navy, and I wear it pretty casually, such as with rollnecks, ocbd's, crew neck sweaters, cotton trousers. Corduroy is very casual.

I agree about cord being casual, but thought the neopilitan stuff won’t work that well with non cm (low gorge wider lapel longer jacket)?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Gents!
can you post a photo of navy parka if you have it? How does it look like without the hood? How does the outer fabric feel like?

@spiermackay what size do you recommend for parka if I wear 40R contemporary (slim fit is a bit tight for me)? Is it enought room for layering in L size or should I size up?

For example in double breasted coat I went to 42 size, as I suggested was a bit tight in waist & breast with the sportcoar underneath.
What’s the sizing on that Commuter Parka?

If I’m an L in S&M sweaters wound I be an L in the parka? 18.5” shoulders and normally buy a 40 jacket then slim the chest and waist. Sometimes a 40L.

I don’t have any pics, but I have the parka and like it quite a bit. I am a pretty standard 42/52 reg (42 chest, 36 waist). I have the parka in Large, and it fits well, I wear it normally layered with a flannel shirt and medium chunky sweater (think of a cable crew neck). I could not fit a super chunky sweater (like no man chunky cardigans) underneath without sizing up to an XL.
for both of you, who say you are 40 inch chest, I would go Large.

For me, the parka is a bit snug in the hip area, especially when buttoned/zipped, and I sort of wish I had sized up to XL. I certainly could not layer the large over a sport coat like I can with my Barbour Beaufort

Lantaman

Reaction score
I don’t have any pics, but I have the parka and like it quite a bit. I am a pretty standard 42/52 reg (42 chest, 36 waist). I have the parka in Large, and it fits well, I wear it normally layered with a flannel shirt and medium chunky sweater (think of a cable crew neck). I could not fit a super chunky sweater (like no man chunky cardigans) underneath without sizing up to an XL.
for both of you, who say you are 40 inch chest, I would go Large.

For me, the parka is a bit snug in the hip area, especially when buttoned/zipped, and I sort of wish I had sized up to XL. I certainly could not layer the large over a sport coat like I can with my Barbour Beaufort
Thanks for details. Can you also share your opinion about armholes? Is it high or low? Do you feel comfortable when for example driving the car?

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That for details. Can you also share your opinion about armholes? Is it high or low? Do you feel comfortable when for example driving the car?

Armholes are "just right” (for me) not too high/constricting, but certainly not too low either. I have plenty of room in the shoulders/chest/arms to comfortably drive a car with a shirt and sweater underneath. Where I have the minor issue with the coat is the lower half. I have to unbutton, and unzip from the bottom (parka has a double zipper, so you can zip up, then unzip from the bottom), at least a few inches to enable me to sit in the car. I guess it is my large rear end…..

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Navy corduroy, tatersall shirt, and square today.

Attachments

• 20200215_124925.jpg
    20200215_124925.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 136

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads