• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why habitual sales suck. They cheapen the product in the eyes of the customer and train them to wait for the "real" price, when the original price was more than fair ($600 for a full canvas suit in British fabric!). This then encourages the manufacturer to cut costs and the next round of stuff is a bit worse, and the viscous cycle continues until we're all wearing boxy poly suits from JCP, which fall apart after a season and end up a plasticky mess in the Pacific, and then people complain that no one makes things like they used to.
Or, I just don't value the details that make the suit more expensive at $600, but maybe I would at $500?

Anyways, here's a corduroy suit that I'm wearing today. Somebody buy the last few and help Rick clear out the warehouse.

20200214_164908.jpg

hopsack74

Reaction score
@SpierTeam @spiermackay is it me or the Botolli medium brown and medium blue the same fabric that you guys ran during the SS18? I bought two sport coats from SS18 that look very similar in fabric color and composition. Man, I wish that Botolli blue check patch pocket sport coat was in neo cut.

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score
You could train yourself all day , but still wouldn't be able to buy your favourite jacket in size 40 at sale price.

EddieK

Reaction score
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a camel turtleneck from S and M. Anyone have one? Is it easy to wear and mix/match ?

Lantaman

Reaction score
Hi Gents!
can you post a photo of navy parka if you have it? How does it look like without the hood? How does the outer fabric feel like?

@spiermackay what size do you recommend for parka if I wear 40R contemporary (slim fit is a bit tight for me)? Is it enought room for layering in L size or should I size up?

For example in double breasted coat I went to 42 size, as I suggested was a bit tight in waist & breast with the sportcoar underneath.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Huge fan of the new stuff, and appreciate the fanboy interaction we’re getting from the team on here. I always enjoy seeing these expensive fabrics, or similar on celebrities or rich people and know they’re paying more (or would if they had to pay.) Normally I figure I’d get laughed at posting this stuff but noticed a few in quick succession and figured I’d share. Saw Luke Evans in what appears to be the Guabello burgundy from last year, hard to see but noticed in The Gentlemen Matthew McConaughey is wearing a three piece suit in a fabric similar to the Guabello brown grey check, and saw Michael Fassbender had an overcoat that looks like the Amicale fabric. I see this stuff all the time and it just shows what great deals we’re getting being able to buy this stuff without spending thousands of dollars.

Attachments

• 37638D52-677E-44CA-AFFD-098B3BF7F694.jpeg
    37638D52-677E-44CA-AFFD-098B3BF7F694.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 0EFAA0E4-31B6-4726-A0A1-25CA29BB8958.png
    0EFAA0E4-31B6-4726-A0A1-25CA29BB8958.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 740C47DD-7F0B-4D28-B024-725E3EEE265A.jpeg
    740C47DD-7F0B-4D28-B024-725E3EEE265A.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 133

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads