• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zewill

Reaction score
How do you feel regarding the Abraham moon herringbone? I got a 38L, but it fits so much looser than other sports jackets I received. I'm annoyed because turns out length is good ( so I'm returning 38 in Zanieri brick red despite fit being good except length) but armholes on brown Abraham moon are just so big and sleeves look so wide too... Is it because it follows an English cut? Didn't think fit between sports jacket would be so different despite staying same size 38 and same cut (contemporary)

Tonal brown today with Moon brown herringbone, cord shirt and the tobacco monkstrap. The suede on the monkstrap is seriously one of the best I’ve seem at this price range.
View attachment 1336682 View attachment 1336681

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m aware it’s going to be MTO but it’s currently not available as an option. I’m curious about when.

@spiermackay mentioned somewhere that you could make a note that you wanted the low gorge with your order. It just not on the site yet but could be done. Maybe I am wrong though.

Not to throw salt in the wound if you can't yet, but I did have this pic to post today...

2020-02-06 12.35.53_edited.jpg

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too low. It makes you look more hunched over than normal. There is a middle ground that would be much nicer for you.
I've warmed up to how it looks.

It looks more casual and relaxed to me. If the lapel was a bit more narrow at that height it'd be perfect IMO.

greenhouse

Reaction score
@spiermackay mentioned somewhere that you could make a note that you wanted the low gorge with your order. It just not on the site yet but could be done. Maybe I am wrong though.

Not to throw salt in the wound if you can't yet, but I did have this pic to post today...

View attachment 1336751
Those trousers are awesome, and they are perfect for the sportcoat. I may need to steal your combo.

A.D.

Reaction score
I've warmed up to how it looks.

It looks more casual and relaxed to me. If the lapel was a bit more narrow at that height it'd be perfect IMO.

Even though it's a very nice jacket in its current shape, rather than the width I would like to see the lapel meet the collar at a steeper angle. I understand if it would be too much work to change the pattern, but if something like THIS could be arranged, I'd be very interested in trying it.

@spiermackay

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Too low. It makes you look more hunched over than normal. There is a middle ground that would be much nicer for you.

Was going to make the same comment. I'm glad you did, however, since your opinion carries more clout around here than mine.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Even though it's a very nice jacket in its current shape, rather than the width I would like to see the lapel meet the collar at a steeper angle. I understand if it would be too much work to change the pattern, but if something like THIS could be arranged, I'd be very interested in trying it.

@spiermackay

Those notches look very dated to me. The angle and shape. Especially when combined with a low gorge, it gives off a very 80s/90s vibe.

I like Spier's sportcoat notches. Good size and angles.

A.D.

Reaction score
Those notches look very dated to me. The angle and shape. Especially when combined with a low gorge, it gives off a very 80s/90s vibe.

I like Spier's sportcoat notches. Good size and angles.
Maybe it does, I just find it more aesthetically pleasing on a low gorge, personally. Just to be clear I don't call for Spier & Mackay to replace the existing pattern, just wondering if it could be altered on request.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
How do you feel regarding the Abraham moon herringbone? I got a 38L, but it fits so much looser than other sports jackets I received. I'm annoyed because turns out length is good ( so I'm returning 38 in Zanieri brick red despite fit being good except length) but armholes on brown Abraham moon are just so big and sleeves look so wide too... Is it because it follows an English cut? Didn't think fit between sports jacket would be so different despite staying same size 38 and same cut (contemporary)

This year's brown Moon herringbone is certainly roomier than other jackets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads