• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The charts are correct. They are the same as the Summer Chinos.

The FW18 lot was produced with a slimmer hip/thigh than they were supposed to. The Summer Chino and the Current Charts are correct.

The charts do not list extra slim fit, at least not on the US site. What is the difference between slim and extra slim?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The charts do not list extra slim fit, at least not on the US site. What is the difference between slim and extra slim?

The extra slim is being added, we can't add them ourselves. New fit has to be created by the developer to add. PIA, we asked for this more than a month ago, but developers.......

The extra slim is slimmer in the seat/thigh and through the entire leg.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outside of SF, this is what sells. We had a lot of people complaining how baggy our slim fit was. Take that for what it's worth.

I can't even.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone posted pics of the medium gray full canvas suit? I’m considering it but curious how dark it is. I’m hoping for darker, similar to the medium gray trousers.
Yes. It’s a darker grey.
So stoked to see these made-to-measure orders come in today!:

View attachment 1325905

View attachment 1325906

View attachment 1325907

(The flaps on the back pocket
of that trouser...)

View attachment 1325909

(Ticket pocket in a patch)

View attachment 1325911

(Double Milanese on a Rubinacci-style double)

View attachment 1325910
wow. Gorgeous. Love the rubinacci style. I wish I could pull that off.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copped some lovat moleskin trousers with the sale.
I was inspired by David Coggins who wore, as far as I could tell, the same green tweed jacket and green moleskin (but not lovat—more like a forest green) trousers every day at Pitti (shirt and accessories changed, though).
It looked very comfortable; I wore jeans to travel home in, but ran into him at the airport and he was wearing the same outfit lol.
Anyone have the lovat moleskins out in the wild for a color reference? Tough to discern online. I'm sure it'll be great but just wondering.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would shortening the back rise, though, cause more tension under near the rear crotch and increase the butt wedgie as seen in the original photos taken from behind? Do you think they're too slim in general as @SJR3 says? To be honest I think the contemporary look very poor on me. Would take a lot of cleaning up IMO and might even want to narrow the lower legs. @spiermackay

Also, when you say a good tailor, is this sort of a specialized task such that I should really seek out a specialized menswear tailor, or could the trusted neighborhood tailor take care of this?

@spiermackay

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also, when you say a good tailor, is this sort of a specialized task such that I should really seek out a specialized menswear tailor, or could the trusted neighborhood tailor take care of this?

@spiermackay

An alteration tailor at the local dry cleaner may not know how to do this properly. It involves opening the waistband and cutting down the back. It does take a bit of skill.

If you're not comfortable with the tailor, don't force it, you will probably end up getting a poorly altered trouser that will end up worse than when you started. The alteration can be done, but MTM would be your best option if you are looking for a properly clean trouser.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next F/W seems lit already

72403167-346D-4D1B-B4E3-BC8368E8F6F0.png

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An alteration tailor at the local dry cleaner may not know how to do this properly. It involves opening the waistband and cutting down the back. It does take a bit of skill.

If you're not comfortable with the tailor, don't force it, you will probably end up getting a poorly altered trouser that will end up worse than when you started. The alteration can be done, but MTM would be your best option if you are looking for a properly clean trouser.

Thanks - Sent you a PM

pmestrad

Reaction score
Lol - we gotta be due for a SS20 teaser sometime soon, nevermind FW20!

Also, not a fan of this shawl collar peacoat. I'm probably going to get heckled for it, but I'll be honest.
I agree with this sentiment

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads