• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have forward hips. Most OTR are cut straight. You need to have a good tailor reduce the back rise from the waistband. That will lift all the cloth at the back of your leg and relax the crotch at the back seam. A good tailor will be able to pin it up first to show you before they actually do the work.

The alternative is MTM. MTO can't adjust for this.

View attachment 1325611
Reminds me of my tailored garments prior to meeting Tim!! ?

VahanJan

Reaction score
Any news regarding the restock of core dress shirts? Or release of new ones for that matter.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First thoughts on the tuxedo:
- SUPER steezy. Really sexy
- button stance seems lower than my equivalently sized Neo jackets. That, or my pants are exceedingly Urkel-esque today. Either way, not complaining. Will look great with a cummerbund.
- I'll likely steer clear of the house/Filarte fabrics on future orders. Leaves a bit to be desired, for lack of a better descriptor.
- As ever, given its pretty excellent RTW fit, SM remains a deliciously tempting prospect for MTM.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First thoughts on the tuxedo:
- SUPER steezy. Really sexy
- button stance seems lower than my equivalently sized Neo jackets. That, or my pants are exceedingly Urkel-esque today. Either way, not complaining. Will look great with a cummerbund.
- I'll likely steer clear of the house/Filarte fabrics on future orders. Leaves a bit to be desired, for lack of a better descriptor.
- As ever, given its pretty excellent RTW fit, SM remains a deliciously tempting prospect for MTM.

One button jackets, the stance is lower.

The wool/mohair is of a lighter weight as it was made for last spring/summer, so it will lack the heft of a normal suit. Generally Filarte cloth is very good for their 110s. They provide great value. Yes, the Italian cloth is slightly better though. That's a given.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay or @SpierTeam Are extra slim chinos a bug?

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Judging from the size guide posted, the dimensions of these newly dropped contemporary and slim chinos have changed yet again....

I do like the fit of last season's rust and winter contemporary very much, but it's getting crazy always having to check the size charts not knowing what to expect if you order. I like the green and dusty khaki colors, but I'm afraid to order anything now.

Spier, are the size charts posted with these new drops trustworthy?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

induere_to

Reaction score
So stoked to see these made-to-measure orders come in today!:

05E3167F-55F3-439F-A5C1-A65DE9237C21.jpeg

718C3A2F-5B76-4B6D-B58B-674AAA55E34E.jpeg

2C022499-24AC-4595-ADAE-E4D87586A7F9.jpeg

(The flaps on the back pocket
of that trouser...)

EA759FBF-F13E-4F3E-9FB4-DBB59EB2E742.jpeg

(Ticket pocket in a patch)

CB9EC001-FFAC-450A-888C-79A86CA8C6DB.jpeg

(Double Milanese on a Rubinacci-style double)

69E0EDBC-54A8-448E-A028-A6A5DBD5AF44.jpeg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you plan on wearing the Amicale? Super tempted.....
Usually I wear mid gray jackets like that with either lighter or darker gray trousers, a light blue shirt and a navy knit or grenadine. I keep it simple and elegant. This one has some brown/rust. Thus, I can see myself wearing it with brown or rust or tan coloured trousers which opens up more tie options as well. It's not the easiest of jackets to pair, but I believe it can be done tastefully.

thisfits

Reaction score
Thanks, but I was wondering if it was same/darker/lighter than these because I have a pair and like the dark gray color despite being called medium gray. Are they similar?

I've been wondering the same thing. Pics of the full canvas medium gray here: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...filiate-thread.383376/page-3004#post-10010719

@spiermackay Any plans to restock the full canvas mid-gray suits in 38S? Kicking myself for not jumping on them earlier ...

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Judging from the size guide posted, the dimensions of these newly dropped contemporary and slim chinos have changed yet again....

I do like the fit of last season's rust and winter contemporary very much, but it's getting crazy always having to check the size charts not knowing what to expect if you order. I like the green and dusty khaki colors, but I'm afraid to order anything now.

Spier, are the size charts posted with these new drops trustworthy?

The charts are correct. They are the same as the Summer Chinos.

The FW18 lot was produced with a slimmer hip/thigh than they were supposed to. The Summer Chino and the Current Charts are correct.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads