• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

induere_to

Reaction score
It's been an honour representing Spier & Mackay on StyleForum for a little over the last two years. I've enjoyed meeting a lot of you in person or through private messaging. I've even had the chance to meet some of you at Pitti, and among other travels of mine. A lot of you have become good friends now, and I'm honoured for the relationships and reputation that representing Spier & Mackay on StyleForum has brought me.

Making some big decisions had been weighing on me for several months and last Saturday I decided to make a drastic change in my career. My last day at Spier and Mackay will be the 29th of February. I know some of you have been planning to come to Toronto for fittings, and I wanted to give enough notice that will allow you to do so, especially because some of you were planning to come later this Spring.

I will probably still remain on StyleForum regardless of where I end up. I enjoy talking tailoring; so conversations and debates will always be welcome.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been an honour representing Spier & Mackay on StyleForum for a little over the last two years. I've enjoyed meeting a lot of you in person or through private messaging. I've even had the chance to meet some of you at Pitti, and among other travels of mine. A lot of you have become good friends now, and I'm honoured for the relationships and reputation that representing Spier & Mackay on StyleForum has brought me.

Making some big decisions had been weighing on me for several months and last Saturday I decided to make a drastic change in my career. My last day at Spier and Mackay will be the 29th of February. I know some of you have been planning to come to Toronto for fittings, and I wanted to give enough notice that will allow you to do so, especially because some of you were planning to come later this Spring.

I will probably still remain on StyleForum regardless of where I end up. I enjoy talking tailoring; so conversations and debates will always be welcome.

in b4 the solaro haters

Viatu

Reaction score

Good luck!

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Om

Good Luck with everything! Hopefully still many more inspiring tailoring and watch pictures on ig.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

best of luck on your next endeavor. nice meeting you (briefly) at pitti. hope to maybe see you there again, or if i ever make it to toronto.

KWang94

Reaction score

I think I speak for everyone when I say, we're all denying your resignation

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the help you've been to me getting measured and picking out fabrics for MTM, Tim. It was great meeting you in person when I flew up to Toronto. I hope you continue to document your journey on IG!

TheVirt

Reaction score

I'm really sad to hear this, Tim.

I've considered myself especially fortunate to live in Toronto where I can come down to the shop in person. You've always been a great presence in the store with your advice and opinions, and never once have I felt unwelcome when stepping in, even at odd hours and with luggage in hand (!!!). Your constant Instagram stories and updates have been a great aid in getting multiple views of Spier's products and in providing inspiration for outfit combinations as well as MTM commissions. I may not be able to speak for everyone on the thread, but to me, Spier and its MTM program has been synonymous with your expertise for however long it's been known to me. People may know you for your polarizing style choices, but I've always found you to have been a champion of being non-judgemental with style and keeping an open mind, as well as exercising humility.

Best of luck with your future plans, and thank you for all the effort you've put into the company. I'm sure many more than just those on this thread appreciate it.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On MTO shirts, can you request a longer tail so it helps stay tucked when sitting or would this be a MTM item only?

jamie411

Reaction score

As long as those debates don’t include pictures with multicolored lines drawn on them!

Tim, never made it to Toronto, but I appreciate the expertise and product knowledge you’ve brought to this thread! We’ll certainly miss your product shoots- I think many of us credit those images with spurring purchases...

Best of luck!

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The man who saved my garments from previous so called bespoke tailors and who measured and made me several garments departs! My business with Spier was solely due to Tim’s perfection and expertise. I wish nothing but success to my buddy in his future endeavors but then again Mr. Hanchett will does not require anyone’s luck to reach his goals!

A huge loss to Spier’s team! A tough one to replace with for Rick!!

Mr. Hanchett YOU LEGIT!!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did SM by chance change up their shipping packaging? I got a big ol' pizza box sumbitch instead of the usual box.

Fun aside: after an unexpected (my fault) delivery to my parents house...mohair tux has arrived.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads