• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone planning an MTO order this weekend (10% off)?

I really need a funeral suit at the ready, but I’m thinking about a neo triple patch summer e thomas gun check sport coat.
What's the code? @spiermackay @SpierTeam I used to get all the emails, haven't got one in months. Tried signing up again and it said my email was already there. Not going to spam either.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is everyone buying? Maybe I should take advantage of this and buy a Gray Neo Fresco..

I missed the one that was offered last year, is that specific fabric available? How do others like theirs?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do an order for a waistcoat. Something casual I can wear with denim. I don't own any at the moment, just seems like something tweedy would be cool. Not sure what to go with though.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is everyone buying? Maybe I should take advantage of this and buy a Gray Neo Fresco..

I missed the one that was offered last year, is that specific fabric available? How do others like theirs?
Standard Fresco? It’s great. I think this is probably the optimal shade of grey if you’re going for a full suit, but the lighter shade (246, I believe) would also be quite interesting.
2643FC6A-60AE-4175-98C8-9AFF447DEB67.jpeg

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed on their custom S&M shirts this ridge/bunching along the traps? I can't figure out what to adjust to fix it, and I don't have that problem with other shirts (this was a copy of a custom shirt from another vendor) - the reason I'm posting it here and not in the Tailor thread, is that someone mentioned they had the same in one of my earlier iterations.

First pic has the sleeve cuffs buttoned up, second is with them unbuttoned (I think my sleeves are a touch short, open to suggestions)

View attachment 1323638 View attachment 1323637

It extends around the back too:
View attachment 1323647

View attachment 1323640
Something looks off in the way the shirt was sewn together. I don't think it has anything to do with you, your posture or build.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard Fresco? It’s great. I think this is probably the optimal shade of grey if you’re going for a full suit, but the lighter shade (246, I believe) would also be quite interesting. View attachment 1323909

I wear mine all the time- I'd argue that it's beefy enough that a guy could wear it in the spring/fall as well.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else like wider plackets for casual shirts?

I've an old tommy hilfiger button down with a wider placket and I like how it looks with a tall button down.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just surfed the store for the first time in a while.

Firstly, EXTRA Slim Fit chinos is now a thing??? Yikes!

Secondly, I’m thinking of doing a custom shirt order. What is the turn-around at right now? Any chance I’d have it by 14 Feb?

And a final question for @spiermackay or @SpierTeam: are black buttons an option for a black shirt?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads