• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, a case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

The turnback cuffs I got made for my shirt are a pain to do up and so I rarely wear that shirt. They sure look cool though.

Is it possible to get rid of them? I assume a tailor could just chop off the excess fabric and stitch it up?

@spiermackay
@SpierTeam

Konnor

Reaction score
Just got my first suit in! I'm very impressed with it. Now I just need to find someone to trust with getting the minor alterations I need done to it..

rdhui2002

Reaction score
Just got my first suit in! I'm very impressed with it. Now I just need to find someone to trust with getting the minor alterations I need done to it..
OTR OR MTO? you could post some pics.. just saying haha

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drago brown & blue check
IMG_20200124_095120.jpg
IMG_20200124_095209.jpg

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, a case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

The turnback cuffs I got made for my shirt are a pain to do up and so I rarely wear that shirt. They sure look cool though.

Is it possible to get rid of them? I assume a tailor could just chop off the excess fabric and stitch it up?

@spiermackay
@SpierTeam

Easiest is to have the cuffs replaced. If we have the fabric we can make the cuffs and send it to you.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we request wacky things like swelled edges and wine-glass shaped patch pockets for MTO?

Comparing an equivalent neo vs. standard sportcoat cut, which one has less open quarters and a lower button stance? I reaaaally don't want the triangle of death with my tie/shirt peeping out underneath.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed on their custom S&M shirts this ridge/bunching along the traps? I can't figure out what to adjust to fix it, and I don't have that problem with other shirts (this was a copy of a custom shirt from another vendor) - the reason I'm posting it here and not in the Tailor thread, is that someone mentioned they had the same in one of my earlier iterations.

First pic has the sleeve cuffs buttoned up, second is with them unbuttoned (I think my sleeves are a touch short, open to suggestions)

S1.jpg SA.jpg

It extends around the back too:

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed on their custom S&M shirts this ridge/bunching along the traps? I can't figure out what to adjust to fix it, and I don't have that problem with other shirts (this was a copy of a custom shirt from another vendor) - the reason I'm posting it here and not in the Tailor thread, is that someone mentioned they had the same in one of my earlier iterations.

First pic has the sleeve cuffs buttoned up, second is with them unbuttoned (I think my sleeves are a touch short, open to suggestions)

View attachment 1323638 View attachment 1323637

View attachment 1323647

View attachment 1323640

For me personally, the "straight posture" adjustment helped. Your neck also seems to be relatively erect as well.

Pants are also tight, can see pocket flaring, and pulling across thighs and waist.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Helpful link, thanks!

I thought it might be something with yoke initially.

Yeah, pants are a mess, don't pay attention to those. I've found much better success with 32 Contemp from Spier, but I still feel obligated to make use of some of my earlier (ill-fitting) iterations of MTM pants :)

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1323638 View attachment 1323637

View attachment 1323647

View attachment 1323640
Shirt looks small on you at the shoulders and at top button. Let that out a bit, bet the bunching at the neck disappears

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is anyone planning an MTO order this weekend (10% off)?

I really need a funeral suit at the ready, but I’m thinking about a neo triple patch summer e thomas gun check sport coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads