• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You are right that they fit casual and business. Two eyelet was a good choice, the color photos more red but they are very much brown, and the standard welt vs reverse welt. Also the rubber sole sold me on them after everything else hit the right spot.

No complaints so far after 5+ wears and they felt great right out of the box

We worked closely with the factory on the development of this last precisely to work both with tailoring and causally. They have a more European influence in the toe shape in that they are sleeker but still are distinctly a chukka shape.

rdhui2002

Reaction score
i was looking at the custom suit page,
I noticed that when I clicked learn more at the type of fit section ( Contemporary Contemporary-Neapolitan Cut Slim Slim-Neapolitan Cut)
It didn't work and prompt to input the ID and PW

was that an error on the page?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised the suede wingtips don’t get more love. I think they’re great.

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried their v-neck tshirts? If so, how is the fit and feel?

Are they really as fitted as they are said to be?

Thank you.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who has experience with the tweed trousers? I’m tempted to get a pair and am wondering if the fabric has any give to it, like flannel. If not, that Might mean I need to size differently Than normal. Thanks in advance!
the Moon Tweed? I have two from this year, and several others from previous seasons.
Not sure what you mean by 'give'? They are a bit coarser than the flannel, as you would expect, but way more people friendly than the traditional 'Brillo pad' tweeds of yesteryear

drfwtx

Reaction score
Who has experience with the tweed trousers? I’m tempted to get a pair and am wondering if the fabric has any give to it, like flannel. If not, that Might mean I need to size differently Than normal. Thanks in advance!
Not sure what you mean by five but I took my normal size with no issues.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you.
I bought one to get my order over $100 just to try it out. I bought a medium and it fits snug at first, but stretches out easily enough during the day to be very comfortable. I like form fitting t-shirts so I sized down since I HATE tees when they are overly long and loose. I think they are really well made to be honest and will buy a few more.

For reference, I buy size L in polos and 42R contemporary drop six sportcoats/suits.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you.
I have two, I went with my usual size and they fit really nice. Some have said that they would like a deeper “V” since it sits quite close to the neck. But fit wise, I like them a lot and don’t feel they are tight. Unless, and this is a guess, based for example in my dad size, he uses 42/16.5 Contemporary shirts but he has a belly and feel them a little tight, in that case, I think the XL might be too tight for him. Just a guess.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score

i have them. They are stiffer than flannel but I can’t see needing to go up a size to compensate unless you wear your flannels extremely tight (which would be odd)

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you.

I think they are awesome. Like others, I wish the V was a bit deeper. I also would have liked an inch or so more in length. I wear 46L in suits and ordered xxl for the t shirt.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the Moon Tweed? I have two from this year, and several others from previous seasons.
Not sure what you mean by 'give'? They are a bit coarser than the flannel, as you would expect, but way more people friendly than the traditional 'Brillo pad' tweeds of yesteryear
Not sure what you mean by five but I took my normal size with no issues.
i have them. They are stiffer than flannel but I can’t see needing to go up a size to compensate unless you wear your flannels extremely tight (which would be odd)
By give I just mean some fabrics naturally stretch a little and others don’t. Like linen has no give whatsoever, so if your trousers don't have extra room, they'll tear at the seams, where as most wool trousers have some give (except certain weaves, like some tweeds which have none).
but, if peoples' experience is that they do have some give, that's reassuring. i don't wear my trousers tight but i do like a relatively slim knee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads