• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I barely have enough time to pee between classes as it is, I don't need to add more complication to my life.
I'm with you on that one. Also why I will never get button fly.
I admit, it takes a little longer to do up, but it's not that bad.
I'm lazy man and have to pee a lot.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took my sports coat to tailor because it's too tight now, and he said there is some fabric to let out of the armhole and he will increase the entire back.

Hopeful and curious to see how this turns out.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Took my sports coat to tailor because it's too tight now, and he said there is some fabric to let out of the armhole and he will increase the entire back.

Hopeful and curious to see how this turns out.

Is he increasing the armhole? Or just letting fabric out of there to increase width of the upper back?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You never know until you try. They are very comfortable and visually interesting. A lot of people think they are too out there for them, but if you're worried about sticking out, don't be. The masses don't even notice.
I get where you're coming from, but the majority of S&M's customers are not #menswear geeks. Didn't I read that S&M is not going to offer their Neapolitan cut in RTW suits (only MTO) because they didn't sell well? If they can't sell that to their mainstream customers, forget trying to sell gurkha trousers to them.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone through and can comment on going through MTO/MTM for trousers (or anything I guess) via email/pictures?

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone through and can comment on going through MTO/MTM for trousers (or anything I guess) via email/pictures? The Bottoli linen/ wool in pic is also Spier MTM.
MTM high rise khakis. Absolutely nailed the fit but that is what you expect with @induere_to taking measurements. If you are local to Toronto or do visit Toronto booking a fitting with Mr. Hanchett is a no brainer!!
Spier/ Mr. Hanchett LEGIT!!
2E648406-BB40-488B-8566-E4C14E976AEF.png
1E2DE9FB-2EA6-4055-915F-4B4C474A1049.png

Last edited:

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except that's not a pair of Gurhka trousers. Here's a real pair of Gurhka trousers for reference. View attachment 1321529
I was replying to the gentleman’s question for MTO or MTM trouser fit in general not just Ghurkha trousers.
I do own Ghurkha shorts so I am well aware of them. Your trousers look spot on!!

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except that's not a pair of Gurhka trousers. Here's a real pair of Gurhka trousers for reference. View attachment 1321529

And this is a picture of a real dog. What's your point?

There's no "real" Gurkha trouser considering that they evolved from the Gurkha short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads