• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In this case we shipped it back. It was blatant. A lot of people always reply that they will complain on social media and give us a poor review unless we issue a full refund. Most are bluffing because they have no case, and if they do we can simply reply with the truth. It's really sad to see how people behave sometimes. I can only image what kind of issues larger more mainstream companies have to deal with, with customer base in the hundreds of thousands.
In addition to shipping that worn garment back to the ************* who threatens to complain like a ************* on social media you should Black list that junk so they are unable to purchase anything from Spier in the future. You do not need **** for customers when you have tons of real gentlemen here that appreciate what Spier is offering!!
Eliminate garbage permanently!! Computer ninjas can ********!!

Last edited:

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In this case we shipped it back. It was blatant. A lot of people always reply that they will complain on social media and give us a poor review unless we issue a full refund. Most are bluffing because they have no case, and if they do we can simply reply with the truth. It's really sad to see how people behave sometimes. I can only image what kind of issues larger more mainstream companies have to deal with, with customer base in the hundreds of thousands.

Some people are crazy. I hope you guys take pictures of the items to show in social media if they go on a rant.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this will just show up in my mailbox before too long and this will be updated as delivered. I can't remember if it's happened to me before:

A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 7:22 pm on January 13, 2020 in NIAGARA FALLS, NY 14304. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the solaro in the mail yesterday- holy ****, it's nice. Perfect weight and drape.

Reactions: XWT

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the Brisbane Moss moleskin sport coats run slim or large in comparison to other fabrics? I'm asking because I remember reading they were unstructured and "wore like a sweater", which could mean that they'd feel less snug than something with canvassing.

Asking because I have decided to complete my FW18 Lovat trousers with a sportcoat to make a casual suit. Before going M2M, which would make my suit wearable only next year given the lead time for production, I'm hoping to track one down from someone else and have posted in the BST thread in that regard.

dangaa

Reaction score
Did the Brisbane Moss moleskin sport coats run slim or large in comparison to other fabrics? I'm asking because I remember reading they were unstructured and "wore like a sweater", which could mean that they'd feel less snug than something with canvassing.

Asking because I have decided to complete my FW18 Lovat trousers with a sportcoat to make a casual suit. Before going M2M, which would make my suit wearable only next year given the lead time for production, I'm hoping to track one down from someone else and have posted in the BST thread in that regard.

My lovat sportscoats from two seasons ago were more snug than jackets in the same size/cut from the same year. This was primarily because the fabric was thicker. They are definitely not larger or more loose in fitting. That being said I'm not sure if this was accounted for in the most recent release.

dangaa

Reaction score
BLAZER20 for those that aren't on the mailing list. 20% off sportcoats until 11:59 pm Sunday.

jamie411

Reaction score
hmmm I’ve only ever noticed fairly small fit variances that basically fit into the overall tolerances. Some things end up a little tighter, some a little looser, but nothing major that would typically make me want to change sizes (the exception being the cigar linen last year. The contemp made up big so I went down to a slim). Keep in mind the difference between the slim and contemporary fits is pretty much as close as tolerance allows. So play around between the two fits depending how a certain cloth makes up. A slim that makes up on the big side or a contemp on the small side would basically be the same.

also, the Drago emerald is awesome.

View attachment 1317332

You're killin' me...

jamie411

Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!

1) More flannel suits - missed the grey and navy flannel, bring a charcoal flannel too
2) More soft sportcoats, like the Drago emerald herringbone (I don't have it, but I have some from other brands - LBM, Brando, etc . - that wear like a cardigan). They're awesome for traveling - can be worn casually, or to dress up a bit
3) more sweaters like the cable knit - turtleneck and shawl collar - but also in donegal and/or other interesting fabrics
4) LS polos
5) Moleskin in the 5-pocket style
6) flannel shirts (plaids and solids)
7) heavyweight casual shirts (but not quite a shacket)
8) More light/medium grey flannel trousers - common sizes always sell out so fast
9) Updated Commuter parka in more fabrics
10) puffer vest in flannel with buttons (not snaps)
11) Dress boots but with storm welt
12) Fox Bros boxer briefs (just seeing if anyone is still reading...)

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced large variance in SC fit in the same size? I have the drago emerald herringbone and the navy flannel in the same size and fit, but they fit differently. The difference in weight is marginal 10 gsm (3 %), but one of them is considerably tighter than the other. Am somewhat worried upon receiving my brown herringbone tweed jacket now, which is even heavier (45 gsm).

My first Spier Mackay order included 4 jackets, all the same size/cut. I only kept one of them due to fit variances. Two of the three returned were very similar fabric/weight of the one I did keep. The fourth was a regular suit and felt quite roomy on me. More variance than what has been described in this thread, IMO. Not salty about it or anything, comes with the territory, but does make me second guess purchasing, esp given I'd be out the $ or an exchanged product for 4+ weeks all said and done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads