• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MellonC

Reaction score
- More Neapolitan suits in 130+ count fabric
Cashmere, Cashmere blend, silk blend, more vibrant color v-necks in wool and/or silk
- Rain mac or jackets. Can we incorporate Gore-Tex or something technical in the fabric?
- Linen/Silk combo or Linen/Modal or Linen/Tencel combo shirts, jackets and pants.
- Jeans with just a touch of elastane in them. Light, mid, dark in various inseams. Shorter rise with somewhat larger leg opening. Brooks Brothers Milano cut comes to mind.

Suggestions in general
- Slim trousers that have somewhat wider leg openings (the current slim is way too tight on the calves) but the contemporary is too roomy around the arse and too long of a rise.
- Stretchable waistband on trousers. Works wonders on side tab trousers.
- Non iron fabric dress shirts that don't shrink out of the dryer.
- Regular cut dress shirts that don't have a huge waist drop.
- Long ties over 59 inches

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3. E.Thomas produced a beautiful fabric a couple of years ago in a subtle herringbone donegal 90wool/10cashmere fabric that was breath taking. If you would find a similar fabric and make sport coats in navy, moss/forrest green and/or dark/chocolate brown with a Neapolitan cut, I might have to purchase them all. Please see attached pic of the navy fabric. I tried to hide the vendor affiliation in the pic provided. Let me know if it violates the rules and I will delete it.
That is a gorgeous fabric. Would definitely be all over a true navy herringbone jacket like this.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a gorgeous fabric. Would definitely be all over a true navy herringbone jacket like this.
Here's the brown version. I need a navy, brown and dark/bottle green version of each in my life.

Attachments

• 2017-09-05-23.27.06_edited-1080x1440.jpg
    2017-09-05-23.27.06_edited-1080x1440.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 126

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the brown version. I need a navy, brown and dark/bottle green version of each in my life.
thanks. I find the white specking distracting on the brown herringbone but just my opinion; for some reason it seems more subtle on the navy jacket you posted earlier.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks. I find the white specking distracting on the brown herringbone but just my opinion; for some reason it seems more subtle on the navy jacket you posted earlier.
It's a tad more subdued in reality. The specking is actually tan. Here's another pic. But definitely more visible in the brown than the navy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200114_221251.jpg
    Screenshot_20200114_221251.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 122

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

actually, owning both those jackets (and the brown being my pic actually), they're different.
the brown is actual donegal tweed, though it's not a heavy tweed so it's wearable in only mild winter weather. no herringbone pattern.
the e.thomas navy faux-donegal herringbone is fantastic. soft, beautiful, textured but just looks navy from afar.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!

Please fix the website

@spiermackay @SpierTeam

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads