• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for a shirt on Friday. I know it's only been a couple days but I kinda need them soon. How long does it take for an order to ship out usually?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for a shirt on Friday. I know it's only been a couple days but I kinda need them soon. How long does it take for an order to ship out usually?

Processing only happens on business days so it's likely zero days have actually passed depending on when your order was placed. That being said processing time is stated as 1-5 business days on the site, depending on volume (and we just had the VBC fresco order frenzy). I would suspect your order would ship out by the end of the week.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Processing only happens on business days so it's likely zero days have actually passed depending on when your order was placed. That being said processing time is stated as 1-5 business days on the site, depending on volume (and we just had the VBC fresco order frenzy). I would suspect your order would ship out by the end of the week.
Cool, I’ll wait patiently for the shipping info.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most probably not doing the shawl cardigans. Wool prices have gone bonkers and for us to get a competitive price we would have to run a few thousand units. The big boys can afford to. We won't be anywhere near competitive unless we cut it with Acrylic, Nylon or Cotton.

Fair enough. Your cardigans are a staple in my Fall/Winter wardrobe, though I'd assume many would be opposed to buying it with a blend of some sort?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most probably not doing the shawl cardigans. Wool prices have gone bonkers and for us to get a competitive price we would have to run a few thousand units. The big boys can afford to. We won't be anywhere near competitive unless we cut it with Acrylic, Nylon or Cotton.
ah, that's a shame.

thanks for letting us know though

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys see any other noticeable issues, i.e. from the front?

Looks great to me.

I have the same issue. You could also have the tailor add padding to the right shoulder to lift it.

I also have a lower right shoulder and unstructured jackets are difficult for me as such.
A good tailor and shoulder padding will eliminate that.

Looking at the pic of the back you will also need a collar roll to take away the wavy/unevenness in the upper back area.

does that actually work, not in the look right sense but in how you feel sense, I would imagine one shoulder with pad while one without is going to take a while to get used to.

I'd advise against doing this. It feels and looks dumb. Not worth it. I did it on a linen jacket once and it ruined the light, carefree feeling of the jacket, so I stopped wearing it. Until I ripped the pads out myself.
Let the waist out a bit and that will help the issues in the back a little probably.
You will literally never notice the issues in the back because you will never be standing in that pose, ever, in real life. And if you for some reason are, the quality of the fabric (I'm assuming, having never handled it IRL) will make it look normal/natural/intended.
BTW the color and texture looks really really good and is tempting me.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how S&M will ultimately do a double-breasted suit. I think Rick had mentioned that they're thinking about it. I was at Indochino with a friend of mine over the weekend and they have a few double breasted models on display, it actually looked a lot better than I thought. Wonder how S&M's rendition would be. The models I saw were pretty slim-fit on thin manequins, I still get the feeling on a broader guy it would be almost too much, but I've been wrong before.

sobecane

Reaction score
Anyone interested in my Size 36 Melton Top Coat in Navy before I list on ebay?

It is new with tags and too small for me.

thanks!

konix

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how S&M will ultimately do a double-breasted suit. I think Rick had mentioned that they're thinking about it. I was at Indochino with a friend of mine over the weekend and they have a few double breasted models on display, it actually looked a lot better than I thought. Wonder how S&M's rendition would be. The models I saw were pretty slim-fit on thin manequins, I still get the feeling on a broader guy it would be almost too much, but I've been wrong before.

Rick mentioned a while back that the DB’s will be MTM program only but don’t quote me on that.

They have DB mock ups in the Toronto store and Tim (@induere_to ) had a beautiful one made up in a guabello fabric.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about roped shoulders?

This is from @mossrockss instagram. I like the look. I wonder if Rick can do something like this as an experiment.

upload_2018-3-26_12-26-52.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads