• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank You!

We're just into our 2nd full season of OTR. We will be expanding sizes by this coming FW. We only run custom shirts online. Full Custom Suits/Trousers/Sportcoats are in store only at the moment.

We do run a Made to Order program where you can order all varieties of sizes from 32 - 52 as well as short and tall sizes. You can do this via email. You can advise the Correct Jacket Size, Trouser Size and assorted options regarding lapels, pockets, vents, working cuffs, trouser belt loops, side tabs, cuffs/size, buttons and a few other options. This program rings in at +30% over the OTR price. Still at $550 CAD, you will still be ahead of many SS Suits.

Just to make sure I understand you well, I could shoot you guys an email and order a suit you display on your website, in a size as up as 52. I could also ask for wider lapels (4,25"), 2" cuffs side tabs and no belt loops, for example. It would be standard size since it is not made according to custom measurements? How do I know if, let's say, I'd need a 48 or a 50; do you have a chart with the measurements of suits up to 52?

Sorry if I am being unclear, as mentionned in my sig and you might've guessed from my location, I speak mostly French!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just to make sure I understand you well, I could shoot you guys an email and order a suit you display on your website, in a size as up as 52. I could also ask for wider lapels (4,25"), 2" cuffs side tabs and no belt loops, for example. It would be standard size since it is not made according to custom measurements? How do I know if, let's say, I'd need a 48 or a 50; do you have a chart with the measurements of suits up to 52?

Sorry if I am being unclear, as mentionned in my sig and you might've guessed from my location, I speak mostly French!

totally clear. you are correct. I don't have the chart handy right now as I am away from my office computer, but I can send you the size chart tomorrow.

I wish my french was more fluent!

mattdalton

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming it's Contemporary fit, Rick. That's what I am looking for. Now to decide if light or medium brown is better, and then start dropping hints to my wife and kids that it would be a great Father's Day gift.
smile.gif

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got these today. I like the full spread collar a lot.

It's funny, I ordered the exact same 3 shirts in addition to the navy wool/linen hopsack jacket. So excited. I've been slowly replacing the shirts in my closet with Spier & Mackay and i couldn't be more pleased.

zinc2162

Reaction score
It's funny, I ordered the exact same 3 shirts in addition to the navy wool/linen hopsack jacket. So excited. I've been slowly replacing the shirts in my closet with Spier & Mackay and i couldn't be more pleased.

Good taste. haha.
I also wanted to order the navy hopsack jacket but I think the slim one will be a better fit for me so I am going to wait a bit. Post pics when you get yours!!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put on one of my Spier shirts this morning and had to take it off and wear something else because the sleeves have shrunk too much. If anything will stop me from buying S&M OTR in the near future it'll be that a 35 sleeve would be preferable for me given the shrinkage allowance. (I always cold wash and air dry)

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Put on one of my Spier shirts this morning and had to take it off and wear something else because the sleeves have shrunk too much. If anything will stop me from buying S&M OTR in the near future it'll be that a 35 sleeve would be preferable for me given the shrinkage allowance. (I always cold wash and air dry)

Do you know which shirt it is?

eyeofthetig3r

Reaction score

i had the same problem

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you know which shirt it is?

The Montgomery stripe which was one of my favorites. Wearing the dress chambray instead which has held up a bit better in the sleeve department but in general I'm worried these shirts may not be long enough OTR to wear with sport coat or suits.

Also do your lighter weight OTR shirts fit differently or is it just the weight that's throwing me off? I bought this summer weight Navy and white gingham recently that I love the feel of but it's taken some getting used to the fit. Don't know exactly what seems different about it, just feels off.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Montgomery stripe which was one of my favorites. Wearing the dress chambray instead which has held up a bit better in the sleeve department but in general I'm worried these shirts may not be long enough OTR to wear with sport coat or suits.

Also do your lighter weight OTR shirts fit differently or is it just the weight that's throwing me off? I bought this summer weight Navy and white gingham recently that I love the feel of but it's taken some getting used to the fit. Don't know exactly what seems different about it, just feels off.

Do you know approx. how much the Montgomery shrank? 1/2" - 3/4", etc. This is a very good cloth from Soktas. Shrinkage should have been controlled to a max 2%.

The lightweight must be the Winford Check. That is a very loose weave. It will have a different drape to it. It doesn't have the same weight, so it will wear slightly different compared to denser weave or regular weight shirt.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll measure for you when I get home, and will try to keep a spreadsheet with the shirts I have only washed once or not worn yet of washes and shrinkage since you mentioned yall would like some more feedback.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'll measure for you when I get home, and will try to keep a spreadsheet with the shirts I have only washed once or not worn yet of washes and shrinkage since you mentioned yall would like some more feedback.

That would be helpful. I personally have about 40 or so shirts I wear regularly, that have had little issue with excessive shrinkage. We gather most of our feedback in store. That said, about 70% of our sales are still in store, so makes sense. But not many instances of excessive shrinkage.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will have to jump on board and say that the sleeve is also what stopped me from buying any shirts from S&M the 15.5 slim fit was spot on when I came in to try it on except the sleeve was comically short. I usually wear a 15.5 35 so I guess a little longer than normal, but not absurdly so!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads