• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So wait, I'm confused now. Besides the brown fresco, Will there be any other Neapolitan suits?

tnjed

Reaction score
Cotton summer suit I picked up on sale. Very happy with the suit overall but would be interested to hear thoughts on fit. Jacket definitely feels on the short side and I know I have to get the sleeves lengthened. Pants don’t really look it here but feel painted on as well. Will there be fabric such that I can have the pants let out through the leg? Suit is a 36R.

View attachment 929795

Sort of depends on how you like your suit to fit. In my view, the suit pictured would be cut too slim for my own liking (pants especially). At the same time, everyone has different tastes. It seems to fit nicely in the shoulders, but I do think it is too short. For me, if your entire hand hangs past the length of the jacket, that is a sign to me that you would need a longer size. Obviously, the sleeves would also need to be lengthened, but that's not a biggie.

In the end, some people like their jackets on the shorter side, so if so, I think it looks fine. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I just looked again and I definitely have a jacket of a similar length. Would be curious to hear from others on their views.

Reaction score
Which, in particular?

All of them really but this one in particular. In person, colours are so wonderfully vibrant.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 7.58.32 PM.png
TAW4f

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a SS shirt from the sale to assess OTR fit. Were the collars on these scaled down? Looks anemic compared some of the nice button-downs I see in this thread.
+1 to having regular OCBD collar on SS shirts

tre8

Reaction score
Can anyone advise for the size guide in website, whether the jacket length is measured from the bottom of collar, or if it includes the back collar width?

Cheers.

Spex

Reaction score
Has anyone ever messed around with tie space on MTM shirts?

It sounds like Burzan has, although not to the extent of that first photo:

I am experimenting with a tweaked version on my next shirt which will have 4" points and a 1/4" tie gap (vs the normal 1/2") along with fully unlined and unfused.

Suits_or_Death

Reaction score
The S/S bright blue hopsack sportcoat looks nice. Being S120s, do you guys think the fabric will have too much of a "sheen" to wear with linen trousers?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The S/S bright blue hopsack sportcoat looks nice. Being S120s, do you guys think the fabric will have too much of a "sheen" to wear with linen trousers?

Very little sheen if any. The larger hopsack weave makes it much more matte than you woukd imagine.

txm22

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the difference between the 42 Contemporary and 42 Slim? The length of the contemporary is more appealing to me, but a narrower armhole/sleeve on the slim would also be preferable. Also, any difference in the button stance between the two fits?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads