• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chiggyv

Reaction score
Yeah I’m hoping fall long sleeve polos happen. A mid brown shade is on my wish list outside of the staples.

Want this BAD. I see decent LS polos online and think to myself "hold off Spier will hopefully have some soon!"

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark Blue = Brooks Brothers Blue = Darker than the last batch of Light Blue Brushed Oxfords.

Oh right, I thought you meant a dark blue uni stripe. The brooks brothers blue will be called "medium blue", at least thats what it's called in the MTM section.

Want this BAD. I see decent LS polos online and think to myself "hold off Spier will hopefully have some soon!"

Pretty much how I look at every possible purchase these days.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy to report that with the introduction of extra slim fit, I think I've found my holy grail of OTR shirts :bigstar: Thanks Rick & Co. I hope they don't shrink materially after washing though.

JamesTu

Reaction score
Happy to report that with the introduction of extra slim fit, I think I've found my holy grail of OTR shirts :bigstar: Thanks Rick & Co. I hope they don't shrink materially after washing though.
I just got mine today. It fits so well on me!! Thanks Rick for releasing the ESF!!

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Glad to hear folks are happy with the slim/extra slim fit shirts.... I'm on the other end of the spectrum, though. Even the contemporary fit shirts will be too small for me unfortunately. Rick, any chance you could do an "athletic fit" or something, with more room in the chest and shoulders? A contemporary size 16.5 shirt has a 46.5 chest measurement; that's still pretty darn slim. Anyone who lifts regularly will likely find these too slim.

Just throwing this out there for comparison: Lands' End tailored fit dress shirts in size 16.5 have a 49.5" chest. That's their tailored fit, and it's a full 3 inches larger in the chest than S&M's most relaxed fit. At least, I guess it's supposed to be "relaxed"? I still don't quite understand what "contemporary" means in the context of clothing fit, I just know it's not as slim as slim or extra slim. Ha.

Now that we have proper sleeve lengths, I was really looking forward to a new shirt wardrobe. Since, as expected, S&M shirts are pretty spot on in terms of collars, fabrics, buttons, price point, etc. Except for me, and I suspect many others, the most important aspect makes S&M shirts a no go: fit. :confused2:

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed this talk about extra slim fit. How the hell are you guys even fitting in these things? Do you have girly man bodies? I wear slim fit already and it's at the max.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I missed this talk about extra slim fit. How the hell are you guys even fitting in these things? Do you have girly man bodies? I wear slim fit already and it's at the max.

Yeah I really can't wrap my head around it either...

exfalso

Reaction score
Well, how do you not fit in slim shirts? Do you guys have thin girly necks? /s

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recieved my contemporary fit green Slub today. It's great, but I was right that a slim would've fit better. Too bad they were sold out. On another note, the Chinos seem really nice for the price.

JamesTu

Reaction score
Well, how do you not fit in slim shirts? Do you guys have thin girly necks? /s

Well, for me normal 15 slim fits me good on the body. However, I have a beefy neck, so I will pretty much die if I button the collar button. Now, the NEW ESF 15.5, I can close the collar button and have a almost identical fit on my chest and waist.

exfalso

Reaction score
I don't really care if anyone's body fits OTR shirts or not. Just trying to show how dumb it sounds when someone insists that the OTR shirts should fit perfectly on him (hence the /s at the end). Congratulations if you do, and go custom if you don't.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do! Would you like to see it with no clothing?

ESF would work best for the guys who want to close their collar, AND have a well fitting shirt.

There are lots of us out there who now no longer only have to pick one of those.

Ex: 14.5 slim=fits well in body, can't close collar
15 slim=baggy body, can close collar.
15 ESF=fits well in body, can now close collar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads