1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. FlyingHorker

FlyingHorker Senior Member

edit: oops, nevermind

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018

2. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

I dig it. I bet it looks awesome with a sport coat on or unbuttoned.

I think these big collars are great layered under wider lapel sport coats, jackets, or even shawl cardigans. The OTR is perfect for casual wear as well. I’m sort of trying to split the difference and see if I can lock in something versatile enough for both. The 4” points on my next one might be too big for me but we’ll see. If that doesn’t work I’ll scale back to 3.75” and reduce the point spread a little.

3. SJR3

SJR3 Senior Member

@Wilson13 Not bad. I lean more toward liking it than not liking it.

4. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Senior Member

@spiermackay Rick, when do you expect the wrinkle resistant shirts to be available? Will they be described as such on the website or should we look for a different keyword, etc? Thank you

5. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

They will be noted on the site. The first group is an easy-iron/easy care, those are coming very soon, couple of weeks I think. Then a White and Blue "Non-Iron" that is formaldehyde free that shouldn't be far behind.

6. Wilson13

Wilson13 Senior Member

D764017C-2ACA-49C8-A101-74C34F3E67C0.jpeg
    On that note, I took this the other day. Almost all of my jackets are >=4” lapels, so that’s exactly the intended use.

7. esenel

esenel New Member

I completely agree that you can't expect the first/second iteration to be perfect (had this experience with other makers). I actually went in to SM to have them mark the adjustments, so was a bit surprised about the second make still being as off as it is.

I'm chalking this up as miscommunication and I'm hopeful this will be resolved.

8. JustinW

JustinW Distinguished Member

My want/need list from S&M now down to a few chinos and cotton-linen trousers, blue hopsack and green cotton sportscoats.

But every time I go to the site or this forum I see new shirts and get tempted. I just ordered the new extra slim oxfords and a rinsed denim button down.

Soon I will be sitting in a circle in a church basement talking about my purchases, opening with ‘I have a problem...’

9. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Distinguished Member

My Luxire shirts have 4’’ points. I believe it doesn’t look out of place on my 6’ 250lbs frame. Then again, I think the collar roll depends more of the button placement than the collar points length.

When I’ll get shirts MTM’d from S&M, I’ll probably go with 4’’ points again.

10. Mashfir

Mashfir Active Member

MTM suit is finally complete! Got a few pics taken in-store. Really happy with the way things turned out, especially the pants; high-rise, extended waistband, coin pocket, fwd pleats, DAKS adjusters = amazing!
    IMG_20180216_172155.jpg IMG_20180216_172431.jpg IMG_20180216_172220.jpg IMG_20180216_172242.jpg IMG_20180216_172325.jpg

IMG_20180216_172155.jpg

11. up1911fan

up1911fan Distinguished Member

Looks good @Mashfir, but wow, that back pocket looks low!

12. Ezio

Ezio Senior Member

I wore the Blue Microcheck Peak Lapel at a trade show this past week. Pink shirt, burgundy tie with pindots. Navy suspenders and black monkstrap boots. Killer combination. I lost a bit more weight around the midsection and it looked a hell of a lot better. These peak lapel suits are truly fantastic. Makes you stand out in a good way and it makes me feel pretty confident, and the blue microcheck is a great fabric. Solid from afar, but very visually interesting close up. I'm really glad I bought three of these suits.

Hm, now there's a 44 Contemporary Navy Herringbone Neapolitan suit in stock, but they didn't have one before... Wonder if it's a return. It's for sale, but I'm wondering if I should just wait for the SS18 collection and pick up a V3 Neapolitan instead

13. Darkside

Darkside Distinguished Member

What is going to the be the difference between the V2 and V3 Neopolitan models?

14. FlyingHorker

FlyingHorker Senior Member

@Mashfir looks great overall, how does the back feel? looks a bit tight in the pictures

15. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I agree. Fantastic overall. Just ask Timothy to have the back opened up 1/2" on both sides. It will drape a bit better and look that much better. Easy and quick alt.