1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Senior Member

I sized up on the top coat but ended up going back to my suit size. I found the sleeves way too long on the upsize. YMMV

2. marker2037

marker2037 Senior Member

Looks like some new oxford shirts have been added to the site for those of you wanting them.

Still not what I'm looking for....I need poplin. Ugh, I don't want to have to try The Tie Bar's shirts, but I might have to as I need to order something in the next week.

3. theh00d

theh00d Senior Member

Does anyone have both the light and mid-wash denim shirt?
    I think we've only seen light washed pics in natural light?

Want to see the comparison.
    Thanks!

4. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Patience, mi amigo, it will be rewarded by S&M but you already know that. ;)

5. kammerer66

kammerer66 Senior Member

There's plenty of poplin, including some very good-looking blue bengal stripes and solid whites.

https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/apparel/dress-shirts.html?shirt_fabrics=407&dir=desc

6. marker2037

marker2037 Senior Member

Didn't see those, but I guess I should've been more specific in that I need a pale/light blue and a navy gingham. I do want probably a medium wash denim as well.

I guess all these new shirts are being released slowly, a little at a time.

Also, S&M REALLY needs to get their developer to fix their refining parameters as it misses selections that should be there all the time.

7. kammerer66

kammerer66 Senior Member

What I miss most is periodic updates here on the forum from Rick and/or his crew.

8. nqtri

nqtri Senior Member

Any one knows if the new oxford is still brushed? some say brushed but some colors don't.

9. marker2037

marker2037 Senior Member

Agreed. I know Rick was traveling and I'm sure he was busy with work stuff, and then he was sick, but still this thread is the sole reason I buy and bought from S&M to begin with. Interacting with us, answering questions, providing updates for product launches, and providing more specific product info is what makes me continuously check this thread.

I'm eagerly (read stressfully) anticipating the SS18 suit and sportcoat releases as well as I have to find some blue suits soon for my groomsmen (and I want that teased linen check sportcoat for myself).

10. marker2037

marker2037 Senior Member

Another thing that needs to be cleaned up is the product information section as that isn't consistent among the offerings.

Don't get me wrong, I like the site, but it still needs a lot of polishing to get it up to e-commerce standards.

11. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'll be back more regularly soon.

12. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

I think Rick has spoiled us all with his daily replies.
    You guys need to remember there is more to owning and running a business then hourly updates on SF. Give him a little rope.

SS is right around the corner. Patience young grasshopper.

Besides he was helping me in person today on a new MTM. ;)

13. OrdinarilyDapper

OrdinarilyDapper Member

This is my favorite news yet! Where was this confirmed? I'm super pumped! Saving up for solid Navy Neopolitan but will 100% wait to get with side tabs! Neopolitan cut is my favorite of their styles and between 3-roll-2 buttoning and the negative belly that fans out to 4+ inch notch lapel...perfection!! Side tabs on trousers just ups it!

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

The guy hasn't posted in about a week or so. You guys are sounding like a bunch of possessive girlfriends. :confused2:

15. OrdinarilyDapper

OrdinarilyDapper Member

I totally agree on going the whole way also! Most normal guys aren't getting Neopolitan suiting and instead getting the cheapest fused junk with 2 inch skinny lapels and wearing once in a blue moon lol.
    If that is the case however, I too would like to know what it would like and a rough time/cost estimate as this may or may not persuade me to go SuitSupply with the side adjusters, although I rather not.