• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
That's what was overwhelmingly voted for in this thread, but Rick's latest comment on the issue is that the Neapolitan suit pants will in fact not have side adjusters, unfortunately. Something about it being a hard sell to regular dudes. I say that if you're making a niche product anyway (which Rick has pretty much already confirmed the Neapolitan is), might as well go all the way and completely satisfy those niche consumers instead of trying to straddle the fence.

That said, Rick did state that S&M can use extra fabric from the unfinished pants to have their in-house tailor sew on side adjusters (and remove belt loops) before they ship your suit. I'll admit, that's a pretty satisfactory alternative to the pants simply having side adjusters from the get go--provided it's done well. A few things I'm curious about, though: what will the adjusters/hardware actually look like, how much does it cost, and what's the extra wait time?

I totally agree on going the whole way also! Most normal guys aren't getting Neopolitan suiting and instead getting the cheapest fused junk with 2 inch skinny lapels and wearing once in a blue moon lol.
If that is the case however, I too would like to know what it would like and a rough time/cost estimate as this may or may not persuade me to go SuitSupply with the side adjusters, although I rather not.

exfalso

Reaction score
Any one knows if the new oxford is still brushed? some say brushed but some colors don't.
Very minimal to no brushing, according to Rick. Hopefully he will be able to comment on this sooner or later.

This is my favorite news yet! Where was this confirmed?
I don’t want to kill the party, but side tabs on trousers haven’t been confirmed, as they’ve been canceled for the upcoming batch of Neapolitan suits. They *might* come eventually, but I’m guessing no earlier than FW 2018.

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh so many great new things to buy, but I'm staring at a stack of 5+ shirts, at least 3 sportcoats, and 2-3 suits all from Spier & Mackay that I need to sell due to changing personal styles and fits. Hoping I get around to listing everything for sale soon so that I can reload on the SS drops.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not for winter in Toronto?
why not? most people are layering in winter anyway.

i've always found it easier to keep warmer with layers than to keep cool.

on that note..anyone have the summer oxfords from last year? if so, how would you compare them to the brushed oxfords?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh so many great new things to buy, but I'm staring at a stack of 5+ shirts, at least 3 sportcoats, and 2-3 suits all from Spier & Mackay that I need to sell due to changing personal styles and fits. Hoping I get around to listing everything for sale soon so that I can reload on the SS drops.

What size are you?

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score

If you a 42R size...or 16-16.5 Slim shirt...

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would highly recommend the madras chambray fabric. I love the OTR shirt but it would have been even better with the standard BD collar. It layers well with a slightly oversized flannel shirt/shirt-jacket sorta thing, a CPO, or chore coat. As others have mention, it's got a beautiful texture.

@7_rocket I'm just not a big fan of oxford cloth. It's all thick and rumply and I'm already both those things naturally, so I prefer poplins. They also happen to wear much more comfortably here in Houston, which is a bonus. I'm a fan of the broadcloth/poplin button-down dress shirt. I used to own a couple from Brooks Brothers and I preferred how they looked and felt with a non-tweed sportcoat.

@OrdinarilyDapper @up1911fan 40R contemporary and 15.5 contemporary shirts. Let's move this to PMs if anyone is interested because I didn't mean to turn this into a B&S listing. :embar:

kerouacbum

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the medium blue and navy blue pencil stripes have the same stock photo, which to me looked more like a sky/light blue?

induere_to

Reaction score
I think Rick has spoiled us all with his daily replies.
You guys need to remember there is more to owning and running a business then hourly updates on SF. Give him a little rope.

SS is right around the corner. Patience young grasshopper.

Besides he was helping me in person today on a new MTM. ;)

Must be why he asked me to send him that Fresco III hopsack fabric I recommended last week... ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads