• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed two pairs of Contemporary VBC and Guabello’s in my size. 50% is a fantastic deal. Get em while they’re available boys.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could some1 pls tell me a bit about S and M pant fit?....Ive ever had them on.

I see a contemp and a slim fit?

a qwik response would b great

thnx

What do you want to know. Good quality trousers for the price. Slim is more inline with SuSu and the Contemporary more traditional cut for us “older” guys.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thnx!........so the contemp fit is a bit classic?.......not really an updated trim look?

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is covered frequently, but are there any "gotchas" when it comes to returning/exchanging items from the United States? Unfortunately, I guessed wrong on my first shirt order and need the next size up. Thankfully, the pants were perfect. If there are any tips to help ensure a successful exchange from the US, I'd appreciate it if you could pass them along. I'm currently becoming familiar with the return and exchange policy as posted on the website. Thank you!

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contemporary is trim but not slim, I’d say. Won’t get noticed in either direction. Definitely not full or traditional but much more room than SuSu painted on trousers.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont want a tight silly fashion forward look.....but a trim look is my goal.
They have good sizing charts with garment measurements that can be used to help you out. You can compare these measurements to garments you already own that you know fit you well to help get you to a good starting point. I have recently made my first purchase of one pair of the moleskin pants and one OCBD. The sizing charts helped me nail the fit of the pants. I went for the slim fit and didn't find them too slim for my tastes at least. No 14" leg openings or anything like that. I'm really pleased with the fit all the way up and down. Good luck!

Hiamosey

Reaction score
They have good sizing charts with garment measurements that can be used to help you out. You can compare these measurements to garments you already own that you know fit you well to help get you to a good starting point. I have recently made my first purchase of one pair of the moleskin pants and one OCBD. The sizing charts helped me nail the fit of the pants. I went for the slim fit and didn't find them too slim for my tastes at least. No 14" leg openings or anything like that. I'm really pleased with the fit all the way up and down. Good luck!

Based off measurements from the size chart I thought sizing was pretty straight forward. However, I was a little confused when they suggested some people need to size up. Do your slim cut's run TTS?

Last edited:

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two questions:

Based off measurements from the size chart I thought sizing was pretty straight forward. However, I was a little confused when they suggested some people need to size up. Do your slim cut's run TTS?
Yes, I'd say pretty TTS. I did size up from what I've normally been buying elsewhere as that's what the sizing charts and my actual body measurements agreed I should do. No regrets.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a code for the pants I'm not seeing?

Yes, there is a code, PANTS50. If you give S&M your email address, they will notify you about promotions. This way you will know about it first.

upload_2018-1-22_13-16-53.png

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is covered frequently, but are there any "gotchas" when it comes to returning/exchanging items from the United States? Unfortunately, I guessed wrong on my first shirt order and need the next size up. Thankfully, the pants were perfect. If there are any tips to help ensure a successful exchange from the US, I'd appreciate it if you could pass them along. I'm currently becoming familiar with the return and exchange policy as posted on the website. Thank you!

These are the instructions they sent me:

-PLEASE USE THE LABEL SENT DIRECTLY FROM UPS.
-PLEASE USE THE INVOICE ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL FOR THE RETURN. DO NOT SEND THE SPIER AND MACKAY INVOICE WITH THE RETURN.
-PLEASE ENSURE THE LABEL IS USED WITHIN 10 DAYS OF RECEIPT. IF LABEL EXPIRES, CUSTOMER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING.

The return authorization number is NNN. Please make certain to write this on the package you are shipping to ensure an efficient exchange process.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads