1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. colHolm

colHolm Senior Member

Here are some of takes on the green slub
    4BC3AB5A-0AF0-44F6-8BAA-C01E1FF74F97.jpeg 58CB9982-F203-464C-9353-7738098C97B7.jpeg 04F75972-9BF4-4CB4-BA6A-D4614E80CCA6.jpeg

2. ETHOS

ETHOS New Member

Hi Rick,

I sent two emails about a pair of your Navy Merino Tweed Trousers that completely tore apart at the seat during the second wear but have not received any response. Could you kindly have a look at my inquiry? Ref order #400000325.

3. Spex

Spex Senior Member

+1. When ordering my first MTM shirts from Spier, I measured all of my current shirts and made notes of which ones fit best in which areas. If I wanted to reduce any aspect I only made it 1/2 (or 1cm) smaller to start with. It's possible to tailor things smaller, but not always possble to make them larger.

Also note that if you order more than 1 shirt, they will only make the first shirt so they can send it to you for you to confirm the fit. You can then send them adjmustments to make and they will make the remainder based on the changes.

4. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Looks like (from the various photos) that the green slub is highly versatile!

5. marker2037

marker2037 Distinguished Member

That sounds like sound advice gentlemen, thank you. I think I'm going to just start with .5" for both the armhole and bicep. As I said, the fit is already fantastic so I don't need much adjustment as is.

6. CloudLi

CloudLi Senior Member

When are the wrinkle resistant shirts going to be released?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018

7. marker2037

marker2037 Distinguished Member

Did the price for these go up or were they always $55usd?

8. RexBanner

RexBanner Well-Known Member

Hopefully the denim shirts are up for sale this week! Did we ever see any pics of what it would look like? :cheers:

9. infinidox

infinidox Well-Known Member

That's great to know, and I think would be a selling feature to mention on the MTM portion of the site for those nervous about diving in but wanting to take advantage of sales/bundle pricing.

10. konix

konix Senior Member

Wore my MTM Harris Tweed suit from @spiermackay for a friends wedding yesterday. Neapolitan cut jacket, trousers are high rise, double pleated, with 2" waistband and extended closure along with side tabs, and coin pocket. All measuring was done in the Toronto store by Tim (@induere_to ). Fabric is purple with hints of red and green throughout, I was a bit worried about getting a purple suit but it turned out amazing and couldn't be happier with the final product. Shirt is also by S&M.

IMG-7544.JPG IMG-7551.JPG IMG-7561.JPG IMG-7567.JPG

11. James1051

suit fabric is sweet! congrats

12. tnjed

tnjed Senior Member

What was the reasoning behind getting rid of box pleats on RTW? I just threw on a pink SM oxford (w/o pleat) and it seems much more billowy in the back than my others that have BPs. Maybe this one hasn’t been through a dryer, as I normally try to hang dry them all. Just curious.

13. RickyTakhar

RickyTakhar Senior Member

Damn, the design of those trousers are exactly what i'm looking for. Its a shame I live in the uk

14. pmestrad

pmestrad Senior Member

I preordered on the rust fresco. I know that it is not ready yet, but curious if you had any shots of the fabric or a completed jacket? If I remember correctly, when we preordered it was a photoshopped photo.

15. James1051

Strange, website showing my wishlist selections Out of Stock.
    All of them! Business was really good this weekend, or...glitch