1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

These are pretty casual. Depends on the environment. They are washed and have a broken in look. Unfortunately, I do not have pics on models of them. I wear these myself about 3 days/week. I would say they might be a bit too casual.

Sorry, missed that. Send me a PM or I'll go back and answer that when I can.

Yes.

2. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

No problem, sent you a PM

3. linds_15

linds_15 Senior Member

i've seen Rick wear them in the shop several times and I think they would be too casual for an office environment. if you're office is pretty laid back maybe but i think you'd have to be at a pretty easy going "business casual" workplace to get away with them.

4. Vasco

Vasco Well-Known Member

I'm with Jamie as well on interest in the same OTR shirts.

5. Mashfir

Mashfir Active Member

Hey Rick,

I was wondering if you guys do custom pants? Like would you guys be able to have details such as extended waistbands, higher rise, reverse pleats, etc on a pair of MTM pants? I'm greatly interested in commissioning something similar to those created by Salvatore Ambrosi.

6. spiermackay

Yes we do. We can pretty much do anything you want. Bring a picture or email us a pic and we can copy the details from that. At the moment, we only run Custom Suits/Trousers/Sportcoats in store only.

7. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior Member

Received my custom order yesterday. The pin oxford is very nice but the blue Tallinger Stripe is on another level. Also I ordered up 3 TM shirts, hoping they will be just as good if not better.

8. spiermackay

The Blue Tallinger is a 2 Ply 160's twill. One of my personal favorites. Like Silk.

9. Mashfir

Mashfir Active Member

What is the price range like for these custom pants? I'd imagine there's a range given desired features but what should one expect to pay?

10. mister_nostyle

mister_nostyle Well-Known Member

I visited the Spier and Mackay storefront recently and I have to say I'm quite liking what I see with the Model 2 line suits. The Light Blue Birdseye looks considerably better in-person than it does on the website. The check patterns also look nicer in person.

I think a lot of the patterns could benefit from a super closeup photo of the fabric on the website, about 4X more magnified that the current magnified image on the website.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

11. colHolm

colHolm Senior Member

I would love to see this too.

12. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior Member

Rick, do you plan on offering any of the suits in long sizes? Alternatively, is their fabric to let out at the hem of the regular length offerings?

13. spiermackay

For custom trousers, you are looking at starting point of $150 for some basics cloth (navy, black, grey), with a majority ringing in at $175 - $225.

Thanks for that feedback. We'll look into in on new products.

We plan on it. We have to get to a volume point where it makes sense to run the order. We hope to be there by fall. At the moment, the Sleeve can be let out 7/8". The jacket length cannot be made longer.

14. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior Member

Hi Rick,

I think you mentioned that there will be medium grey (the core one) suit coming in the new Model 2 fit. What do you expect them to arrive?

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

I purchased the blue flannel but in MTM with a 3 inch collar. Going to see if I like the 3 inch collar or if I need to go bigger. I don't wear button down's with a jacket really, just more casual with jeans, chino's etc.