Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Out of the factory on it's way to us. Flip to you ASAP.

2. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Those are nice! Want to confirm the tweaks we made to the 5 shirts I have coming work out for me first.
    If so I think I'll add a nice thin stripe with a full spread

3. tdot93

tdot93 Member

Hi Rick,

I'm planning to get a couple of shirts for work and will use the measurement when from Indochino. I was wondering if there is any alteration credit in case my MTM need some alteration.

Thanks

4. spiermackay

If you come in store and are measured by us, it's on us to get you a well fitting shirt. If the fit is unwearable or just looks bad, we'll remake it at no charge.

Online orders, for first time customers, we don't offer alteration credits, but we do offer a one time first shirt remake for 50% Off the price you originally paid. Mind you, our bundled prices brings custom down as low as $59 CAD, so a remake can be as little as $30. If you need any help you can email customer service or send me a DM.

5. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

How far can that offer extend back Rick? I actually don't find myself wearing my first shirt that much. Got the blue flannel and made some changes to my following shirts. Would love to get that one remade but never really thought about it.

6. tdot93

tdot93 Member

Thanks Rick
    Thanks Rick,

Was planning to get a bundle of Thomas Mason Goldline 140s. I will wait until there's downtown location then as Mississauga is too far for me to travel there.

7. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Rick, please offer more full spread collars in OTR shirts! And in more staple colors - the full spreads you offer mostly aren't appropriate for conservative business attire.

8. spiermackay

With our new line of Madras shirts set to roll out in early May, I just wanted to take a moment to reiterate the inherent value that we offer.

We will be selling our Madras OTR for $48 CAD (approx. $38 USD). We just found the same shirt at Sid Mashburn, very reputable menswear store in Atlanta, for $145 USD. http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/spo...ras-sid-mashburn-button-down-sport-shirt.html

I say the same, because there are only a handful of Madras cotton fabric producers left in India. All work together as a small "cottage industry" producing the same/similar cloth. So with very high degree of certainty, we can say it's the same cloth. Not to mention, all the details and quality remains. The only real difference we can spot it the buttons are 0.5 mm thicker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

9. spiermackay

Done. I'll plan for a group in the next refresh. What colours are you looking for?

10. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Solid white and light blue to start, maybe some light blue with stripes, white tattersal or windowpane. You already have similar styles but with semi spread collar.

11. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

That is a fantastic looking shirt!

Will the Madras fabrics be making it to the MTM program? I really would love a few but OTR doesn't quite work for me. (well maybe, but I still need to try the slim 16, shoulder will probably be too wide though)

12. spiermackay

Yes they will. The cloth will be up next week. 6 designs.

13. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

@spiermackay Rick, i'm looking at your summer cotton chinos, and wondering if there are any pictures of them being worn anywhere? I'm looking for a cotton pant that I can wear to work with partially unstructured sport coats. Do you think these would fit the bill, or would they be too casual?

14. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Perfect! Will be finding 3 shirts to make for sure. I am guessing $79 and can be bundled based on the OTR price. Still also hoping for some summer color oxford cloths too, mint, pink, lavendar etc.

I posted about a possible remake of my first shirt yesterday, maybe I will PM you about it to see if that is something I can do too.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

15. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Will the new madras shirts also have the same collar as the new OCBD?