SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Any OTR linen shirts planned before mid-June?

2. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

I prefer option 2 as well. I can't reason it but it seems like with 2 buttons open there will be less pull at the neck, it sounds nice.

3. variancelog

variancelog Senior member

You guys are making me rethink my button commitments. It turns out that I had Rikky leave off the buttons and buttonholes on a couple of my next shirts (so that I can hand sew them). I will try moving the buttons up on one of them and see if I prefer that way.

4. Spex

Spex Senior member

I can't be bothered the measure my current shirts or even think about the actually positioning, but when I do wear a shirt without a tie I unbutton the top 2 buttons, for what's that's worth. This is usually just for button-down collars.

Of the latest trouser offerings the light brown sharkskin seems like the one that I would find the most useful at this point in time, in my life. The navy blue not so much, but I suppose it depends on your sportcoat collection. In order to avoid the orphaned suit-trouser look I prefer the blue self-check trousers, due to the lighter shade. Also, the check pattern doesn't appear to be overpowering. These comments are all based on the online photos, as I've not seen them in person.

2 trouser questions for Rick:

1. Where does your front rise measurement go to? The bottom or top of the waistband? They have been described as "mid-rise", but the measurement is somewhat less than I've seen with other brands.
    2. If ordering online, can I specify hemming and is it included in the price? What is the max cuff height possible of the inseam is to end up a 33? I would assume with a 36 unhemmed length, it could not be more than a 1.5" cuff (if even that). Thanks! Ok...that was technically more than 2 questions. [​IMG]

5. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I have a few coming this month. Two checks, one solid blue, one stripe blue.

FR is to top of waistband. Low rise is nearly an inch lower.

We can hem it here. Cost $10/trouser. But after it's hemmed it cannot be exchanged/returned. Max cuff for a 33 inseam, would be 1 1/2" a bit longer if you make it a false hem.

6. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

Juste received one of the 120s OTR shirts, so so good.

7. Vasco

Vasco Well-Known Member

Another quick note of thanks to Rick and Spier & Mackay for the great work on a recent order of three custom shirts. All came out great; fit me very well. I was particularly surprised with the much quicker turnaround time of less than 3 weeks (realize my first custom order helped speed things up considerably).

8. spiermackay

Best value on the market we feel. Bundled for $50 CAD. really can't be beat!

9. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

@spiermackay , are you sold out of your new Sky blue oxford and classic white oxford for MTM shirting? Was planning on placing an order today.

10. spiermackay

At the moment sold out. Reached out to the supplier already, trying to get some ASAP in both colours. I'll have the Stripe Oxfords up by Monday. Been insane around here I've had no time to snap the pics.

11. pandaplush

pandaplush Member

What are your Easter Weekend hours? Planning on coming in early tomorrow morning.

12. spiermackay

13. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I posted this is another thread but not this one. MTM suit. Wore it to a party on the weekend and got tons of compliments

[​IMG]

14. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Looks great. Is that also a Spier & Mackay shirt?

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Yes it is. Default wide spread collar but I forgot what fabric it was. But it was very comfortable, probably my best shirt in terms of comfort from rick so far