• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone thinks the shoulders of the tweed SC are generally roomier than other ones? Same size as usual but I feel like I get a more prominent dimple problem with this one. Would it soften up over time? Or is it just me being paranoid?

View attachment 893548
View attachment 893553
You are holding your phone.

The another pic with the sleeves falling naturally.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are holding your phone.

The another pic with the sleeves falling naturally.

That's what I like to think to but my friend managed to get a photo without me holding anything. Notice the right shoulder, I don't know what to do in this case.

25489028_10209669760051357_873962449_n.jpg

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I like to think to but my friend managed to get a photo without me holding anything. Notice the right shoulder, I don't know what to do in this case.

View attachment 893691

This isn't a shoulder divot problem. You have dropped right shoulders and the fabric is unforgiving.

This is difficult to fix without using shoulder pads to accommodate for the gap.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a similar shoulder bump on my tweed jacket.

Did yo manage to fix it?

This isn't a shoulder divot problem. You have dropped right shoulders and the fabric is unforgiving.

This is difficult to fix without using shoulder pads to accommodate for the gap.

I feel like this is happening only on the tweed, my other S&M jackets dont have this problem.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did yo manage to fix it?

I feel like this is happening only on the tweed, my other S&M jackets dont have this problem.

We've seen this a couple of times in shop. The tweed is a lot more coarse, combined with the canvas in the shoulder and it doesn't like to behave right away. We steam the shoulder to soften it and then put it on the customer right away and it's settled perfectly. I can only assume, it will settle and form to you with a couple of wears. If you have a steamer, steam the cap then throw in on ASAP.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you sure? His wrists look parallel. I have a dropped right shoulder and my hands are not parallel like his while standing at rest.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had the same problem with the brown tweed, I posted about it a couple weeks ago. I thought that the “light” construction of the jacket emphasized dropped shoulders on people as there was less structure to it. For me it was pronounced at the back. Tailor suggested adding a pad or, a more expensive fix, taking it apart and reducing the material.

Hopefully what Rick suggested will work, as it’s easier and less expensive.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've seen this a couple of times in shop. The tweed is a lot more coarse, combined with the canvas in the shoulder and it doesn't like to behave right away. We steam the shoulder to soften it and then put it on the customer right away and it's settled perfectly. I can only assume, it will settle and form to you with a couple of wears. If you have a steamer, steam the cap then throw in on ASAP.

I'm glad there's a simple fix to it. Will try tonight and report result!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads