1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

Thanks for your answers/time. Guess Ill be going for 2 orders in 2 weeks.

2. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Excellent. Give it a go.

The Blazer is a slightly older cut than our suit jacket, so the lapel is a bit slimmer and the fit is not quite as refined, but still fits well.

Best,
    Rick

3. spiermackay

We are tinkering with the idea of bringing a daily OCBD to market and keep it at a retail point of $39. We are working with a great mill to loom some very traditional 2/40's x 20's Cambridge Oxford and have it in some staples solids and stripes. The reason we haven't done this yet is we have to commit to large minimums of cloth. If we can drum up enough interest, we can make this a reality.

We are looking for feedback in regards to overall styling, wash vs non-wash, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best,
    Rick

4. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I want to take advantage of the sales and order 2 or 3 custom shirts. This is my first time ordering shirts from you guys though so should I just order one shirt and get the measurement right first? (and wait for the next sales.... [​IMG])

5. spiermackay

For new customers, we make one shirt first to nail down the fit regardless. You can take advantage of the deal to book your fabric. We do one, you confirm it, only then do we go ahead with the balance. Hope that helps!

Rick

6. borbor

borbor Senior member

hey rick

if i'm measuring my own fave shirt and punching in the measurements, but the shirt is a french cuff, where is the end point for measuring? Just asking because in case your template is built off a barrel cuff and then your system reads my number like it's a barrel, and you add another inch onto a french cuff shirt that I want to order, the sleeve would come out way long.

please advise?

thanks

7. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Thanks Rick.

8. spiermackay

Just received some White Australian MOP buttons. 3.8 mm thick. Very clean white, no yellow in them at all.

$10 upgrade, but well worth it for those looking for that extra touch. In Store now, online soon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  9. spiermackay

Measure to the folded edge. Our tailors will follow what you give. They will see it's a french cuff as well. Shouldn't be an issue.

Best,
    Rick

10. carrig

carrig Member

Any chance the business dress shirt fabrics will be online before the sale ends on the 14th?

11. spiermackay

Some of the OTR shirts have been delayed. But about 10-12 should be online by Monday. New custom cloth should be in hand next week. Not 100% if we can get it online before Wednesday though.

12. spiermackay

Hi Romeo,

Did you order OTR or Custom. Can you kindly provide your order number and I'll look into it and have it rectified ASAP.

Generally OTR ships within 1-2 business days and custom takes an average of 4 weeks.

Best,
    Rick

13. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

First wearing of my Spier & Mackay OTR shirt. I am 6', 160lbs, broader shoulders (relative to the rest of me) but built like a cross country runner. This is a size 15 in their slim fit model. Here are tucked in and untucked for comparison.

[​IMG][​IMG]

My only nitpick after 2 hours of wear is that I wish the collar points were just a hair longer. The collar stands up nicely, but I was fighting keeping one of them inside the jacket lapel.

As I mentioned a few posts back, this is the first OTR shirt I have purchased in 3 years. I'm pretty happy with it and plan to get a few more.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. meyekal

meyekal Member

I purchased 2 pair of trousers during the last special. I got them back from the Tailor the other day. It is difficult for me to compare the pants to others out there since I am just starting to build my wardrobe, but I am really happy with the quality for the price. I think I will come right back to Spier & Mackay the next time I want to purchase a few new pants.

As for the cut, the pants fit me really well and all I needed to do is get the Tailor to get the length for me. An earlier poster mentioned that the pants were a bit tight in the rear. I noticed this as well, but it was not an issue for me and I actually felt it gave me a good fit. I could see how the legs might be a little tight on some too.

Rick, do you know when you might have black dress pants again? Looks like most sizes are sold out.

15. spiermackay

Glad you are pleased. Collar points are relative to the sizes, so 15's have a touch small point than say a 16 to keep proportions in check. That said, we are adjusting our collars on the next cut, not so much the length, but more the angle of spread, which would help them to tuck away more cleanly. That said, in our custom program we can do pretty much anything you want, alter the point lengths, collar rise, spread, shape, etc.

Cheers,
    Rick

16. spiermackay

The trouser program is going incredibly well for us. We are tweaking the fit for the next round, opening them up a bit through the seat and thigh, especially on the smaller sizes. We are also adding some better detailing, like pleated, curtain waistbands, split back waist, Demi-Stitched pockets. While keeping the price in line.
    Black is slated for fall. We didn't run them for Spring/Summer. Fall release will be first week of Sept.

Best,
    Rick

17. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

You don't want black, you want charcoal.

18. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Do you ship outside the US and Canada ? Specifically, to India?

19. spiermackay

At the moment we do not. We are looking to opening up International delivery very soon. However, that said, we actually manufacture our shirts in India. We CAN ship custom shirts domestically in India if you are interested in those, but not the OTR as all the OTR stocks are here in Toronto.

Best Regards,
    Rick Khanna

20. spiermackay

Next group of OTR Suits are shipping out from the factory tomorrow.

Navy Pinstripe/Red Bemberg Lining - 2 Button, Peak Label, Double Vent, Barchetta Chest Pocket, Straight Pockets + Ticket Pocket, Half Canvas, Back leaning shoulder seam. Very nice.

Grey Pinstripe/Red Bemberg Lining - 2 Button, Peak Label, Double Vent, Barchetta Chest Pocket, Straight Pockets + Ticket Pocket, Half Canvas, Back leaning shoulder seam. Very nice.

Blue Sharkskin/Red Bemberg Lining - 2 Button, Notch Label, Double Vent, Barchetta Chest Pocket, Straight Pockets, Half Canvas, Back leaning shoulder seam. Very nice.

Pretty Exciting time for us!

[​IMG]