• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CloudLi

Reaction score
Saw today’s deal is Melton overcoat. I wear a 36R suit, should I order a 38 or 36? According to the description I should size up to wear it over a suit right? How long is the overcoat? Can you provide some measurements? Is this a knee length or mid calf?

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful. I swear those jackets look a different shade in every photo posted - from light to dark.

This is probably truer to shade. My image post processing creates variation.

_MG_9714.jpg

pmestrad

Reaction score
I have ordered the navy blue tuxedo and am eager to see it in person! Curious though if you had a recommendation for a bow tie and cumberbund to pair it with? I am new to black tie wear and so am i need of some recs. Thanks!

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have ordered the navy blue tuxedo and am eager to see it in person! Curious though if you had a recommendation for a bow tie and cumberbund to pair it with? I am new to black tie wear and so am i need of some recs. Thanks!

My single experience with Brooks bros bow ties has been good.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have ordered my bow tie from Suit Supply and my cummerbund from Charles Tyrwhitt. Satisfied with both, but they have only been worn once.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have to wear cummerbunds with a tux? They look weird to me lol.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the average response rate from customer service?

I never got a response to my requests to alter my order last week.

This morning I requested a return authorization and return shipping thing (first sportcoat order). It's only been seven hours, but I'd like to get it in the mail on the way home from work today.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the average response rate from customer service?

I never got a response to my requests to alter my order last week.

This morning I requested a return authorization and return shipping thing (first sportcoat order). It's only been seven hours, but I'd like to get it in the mail on the way home from work today.

Requested my return label last night and just got a response about 30 min ago.

aglagl

Reaction score
So I’ve seen kind of a drop off in 36S in the contemporary fit. Is this going away? Really bummed - it’s the only suiting I’ve found that fits me perfectly off the rack.

aglagl

Reaction score
coming back in spring.

Awesome, thanks so much for the heads up. Just curious - is it possible to do a ‘slight’ MTO based on the contemp fit? If so what’s the easiest way to pursue that? I keep looking for cheap flights to visit from DC but man it just doesn’t happen. Wish you’d do a road show someday!

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Requested my return label last night and just got a response about 30 min ago.

Thanks. Just got mine.

I've added the comment: exchange or store credit (not refund) on each of the three invoice copies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads