Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Senior member

Trump will dismantle NAFTA and keep buying his poor fitting ties from anyone other than S&M.

landscape-1488912580-trump-tie-part-3.jpg

2. kkeino

kkeino New Member

I would definitely purchased a carry-on weekender bag especially a leather bag.

3. althanis

althanis Senior member

Speaking of new product ideas: something like grenadine ties sound like it would be match for you guys. It's a wardrobe staple, and if your other products are any clue, you could probably bring it to market for a really good value.

4. Spex

Spex Senior member

This has been requested at least a couple of times. I believe the challenge would be in securing the cloth (AFAIK all grenadine tie fabric is woven by maybe two places in Italy). It might have been that a large amount of product would have to be produced to get the price below Chipp prices. But I should stop speculating and just let Rick reply.

5. exfalso

exfalso Well-Known Member

I too think this is the problem -- ties would be tricky at this scale/price. For that reason, I would definitely love to see higher-end ($100+) ties instead.

6. avidtest

avidtest Well-Known Member

Rick, I've only purchased one jacket and one suit from S&M so far. Size 40 slim. Other than having to shorten the sleeve length a small bit, the fit was perfect, but with one annoying exception. The lapel area sticks out away from my chest, creating a gap between the jacket and my chest. What would recommend as a solution for future purchases? And is their a way to tailor a fix for the ones I have already?

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

I think this is referred to as the lapel bowing, and it means the chest is too small.

Would letting the upper back out give some room in the front chest area? On your next jacket you might have to size up.

8. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

I have some bowing and my tailor said letting out the back won't help much w the chest at all. Need to start saving up for mtm...

9. shabbytraddy

shabbytraddy Active Member

@spiermackay

Rick, wanted to chime in here and say that I just picked up my first suit from you, one of the tobacco herringbones on deep sale. Ridiculous deal. Very nicely made and the fit in 44R for my weightlifter frame was almost perfect otr, just -0.5" in the sleeves; trousers are another story as I'm a drop 8 but oh well. Can't wait to get it back from the tailor, and looking forward to more purchases soon. Thanks so much.