• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beav

Reaction score
more shirts should be here later this week. New batch of chinos are under production. Should be here in November.

Rick, first of all - thanks for answering all these questions about when stuff is coming. I'm sure it is tedious, but, at least is an indication that we all can't wait for your stuff.

So now that I've buttered you up, I have a question about the incoming shirts: will this batch have the options for different sleeve lengths that you had mentioned you might do earlier? I have t-rex arms and would love the shorter sleeve option.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick, first of all - thanks for answering all these questions about when stuff is coming. I'm sure it is tedious, but, at least is an indication that we all can't wait for your stuff.

So now that I've buttered you up, I have a question about the incoming shirts: will this batch have the options for different sleeve lengths that you had mentioned you might do earlier? I have t-rex arms and would love the shorter sleeve option.

No, that will be the next batch. Those are under production right now.

Beav

Reaction score
Anyone interested in 100% Cotton Sweatshirts? Like a really good crew neck. 350 gsm, in a loop terry. We can do a really good quality one for approx. $29 USD.

I'm not sure I need multiple sweatshirts like to do jackets, dress shirts and trousers... But I could certainly use one.

And just an idea after having to find a reasonable deal on some, if you guys had decent dress socks in staple colours and patterns that would be great. It would be the kind of thing that when sticking up on other things I could easily justify throwing in a pair or two with my order. Just an idea!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not sure I need multiple sweatshirts like to do jackets, dress shirts and trousers... But I could certainly use one.

And just an idea after having to find a reasonable deal on some, if you guys had decent dress socks in staple colours and patterns that would be great. It would be the kind of thing that when sticking up on other things I could easily justify throwing in a pair or two with my order. Just an idea!

Socks and underwear are tricky because of the quantity involved. They are considered a low value item by manufacturers so they generally require a huge quantity to justify a production run.

CMAc7

Reaction score
Anyone interested in 100% Cotton Sweatshirts? Like a really good crew neck. 350 gsm, in a loop terry. We can do a really good quality one for approx. $29 USD.

I would be. Something in a light grey or faded red or blue. I think sweatshirts look best a little worn in. JCrew does a good one, though $70 USD for a sweatshirt is dumb.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would be. Something in a light grey or faded red or blue. I think sweatshirts look best a little worn in. JCrew does a good one, though $70 USD for a sweatshirt is dumb.

To get a worn in look, usually have to do a washing on them, like an enzyme wash, which also softens the fabric by quite a bit. But that ads to cost, not much, but they would be slightly more expensive. Maybe around $35 USD

Beav

Reaction score
Socks and underwear are tricky because of the quantity involved. They are considered a low value item by manufacturers so they generally require a huge quantity to justify a production run.

Ah fair enough

exfalso

Reaction score
The pre-orders run until the goods arrive in our warehouse. They are almost here. So I say about a week.
Yeah, I thought 4 days for pre-order might be a bit too short.

Partly related: I think we are missing slim 40S and contemporary 38S because it is much easier to alter the chest/waist of the jacket. If I were to order, say, a size 40S in contemporary fit (I'd like the sport coat to fit slightly fuller) I will have to take the chest in by an inch and the waist by about two inches or more. It is usually a safe operation, but do you think I will be better off ordering a slim 40 and shortening the sleeves?

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah. I may actually be in the market for a black tie rig. Timeline and details?

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the peak lapel houndstooth suit today to a wedding and put it through it's paces. Sorry I didn't get any photos, but it looks fantastic! And it feels so comfortable, moves well, drapes well, whole nine yards. Once I lose a couple more inches, I think it'll look even sharper, but even where I am, I got some compliments and I felt really great wearing it. I went with suspenders instead of a belt, and I think that made it more comfortable tbh. First time wearing suspenders. The suit certainly is a stand-out. Nobody else wore anything like it, which felt good haha. Wore a 3" tie with it, still looked great, my worry about tie width seems unfounded, I think.

Yeah, they are pretty damn spectacular. Really happy that we went unstructured with them as well. They honestly feel like you are wearing a sweater.

Hopefully I can get one early next year, because those just look perfect.

Matching waistcoats or patterned separates a la Suitsupply? We're thinking of patterned separates in neutral patterns that will work with various sportcoats and suits.

I was thinking matching waistcoat. Personally, that's the look that I like. Patterned separates aren't really my thing tbh.

I would be interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads