• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick, on your next shirting fabric voyage/conversation, can you see if there is any flannels? Patterns, solids, classic checks etc. Brushed twills are good too. The more casual the better, checks, plaids etc.

Although I cant imagine there is much of this in India, just hanging around.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! My copper/linen/silk from the recent sale should be here later this week. Looking forward to trying something similar.

Speaking on the copper linen, how much can the sleeves be let out on the jackets Rick? Length is good for me on my wool jacket but of course the linen one rides up with the creases that take hold.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This article has a few great pictures of brown fresco jackets:
http://dieworkwear.com/post/90468104619/finally-tobacco-fresco

@spiermackay will your brown fresco look anything like this (please say "yes")?
tumblr_inline_n806379uD21qfex1b.jpg

Ok, so Minnis has this colour in their archive and sending me the swatch. It will boil down to this and a bottle greenish fresco which they are developing for us.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so Minnis has this colour in their archive and sending me the swatch. It will boil down to this and a bottle greenish fresco which they are developing for us.

This has been the fabric in my head when I think of a "one brown" jacket to own....this would be it. Think you will hear back before the donegal tweed goes on sale? I am on a limited buying budget and this Minnis would be amazing.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too awesome, would you do these Fresco in the new Neapolitan cut?

Edit: Pic of the day, aka I need new jackets asap

2017-08-14 10.23.49_edited.jpg

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

B-b-b-both? I will sell stuff to budget for both. Would love if these jackets were in neopolitan cut but the shoulders were more like your copper linen suit than your neopolitan suits.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
B-b-b-both? I will sell stuff to budget for both. Would love if these jackets were in neopolitan cut but the shoulders were more like your copper linen suit than your neopolitan suits.

I don't think we'll do both. We already committed to an Air Force like blue. But I'll see how the green turns out first.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This has been the fabric in my head when I think of a "one brown" jacket to own....this would be it. Think you will hear back before the donegal tweed goes on sale? I am on a limited buying budget and this Minnis would be amazing.

Most likely. Minnis told be two weeks for the green sample. The Donegal will start pre-sales only at the end of Sept.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That copper linen sportcoat really is awesome.

It really is, loving it so far.

I second the construction being the new Neapolitan with shoulders like the copper linen.

I don't think we'll do both. We already committed to an Air Force like blue. But I'll see how the green turns out first.

I'm of course drawn heavily to that dark brown but would love to see the green too. It's too bad you may not run both.

So am I right in assuming these wouldn't be made up until next spring? And are we talking sport coats or a suit in the tobacco brown?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It really is, loving it so far.

I second the construction being the Neapolitan with shoulders like the copper linen.

I'm of course drawn heavily to that dark brown but would love to see the green too. It's too bad you may not run both.

So am I right in assuming these wouldn't be made up until next spring?

These will be in the Neapolitan.

Yes, next spring. February/March release.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These will be in the Neapolitan.

Yes, next spring. February/March release.

Perfect, keep them spread out enough and offer presales and I'll be set.

Own:
Copper linen
Med brown herringbone wool

Fall possible buys:
Brown donegal or brown tweed
Navy tweed or navy slub
Green slub?
Considering the gun club

Spring 18:
Tobacco fresco
Something in a khaki cotton maybe

What am I missing as I build my sport coat collection gents? maybe I have too many browns and need another navy mixed in. I guess some sort of grey is good too.

vespertiliovir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies if you've answered this, but would you expect extra cloth for MTM? If so, I would do a brown blazersuit in a heartbeat.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan really dig your style and I love the great service you (and other frequent buyers in this thread) give to Rick and his brand! Really helps the brand grow and go further!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProstadiCosts