• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dresden

Reaction score
I’m definitely not fighting New Orleans heat and humidity. I have lots of high twist, fresco, light hopsack and mohair from different makers. All but one suit, one jacket and some trousers are cut too formal to make casual summer wear. Looking for something to wear with sneakers, Bretons and polos. Thanks for the info, I figured seersucker was very light. Didn’t expect it to be like solaro or something Mid weight.

CLH03

Reaction score
I’m definitely not fighting New Orleans heat and humidity. I have lots of high twist, fresco, light hopsack and mohair from different makers. All but one suit, one jacket and some trousers are cut too formal to make casual summer wear. Looking for something to wear with sneakers, Bretons and polos. Thanks for the info, I figured seersucker was very light. Didn’t expect it to be like solaro or something Mid weight.
Definitely lighter and cooler than solaro. Just probably not as much as linen. I think it will work well for your intentions

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's definitely light, just not particularly cool wearing. But if you're looking for a kickabout suit, that would be excellent for the use.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

dresden

Reaction score
I need to get over my hesitation with linen. Someday I will learn to love the wrinkles, just haven’t gotten there yet. Also not sure why I think this Neapolitan cut will look more casual than my suits that are real Neapolitan but seemed worth a try for the price.
Definitely lighter and cooler than solaro. Just probably not as much as linen. I think it will work well for your intentions

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to get over my hesitation with linen. Someday I will learn to love the wrinkles, just haven’t gotten there yet. Also not sure why I think this Neapolitan cut will look more casual than my suits that are real Neapolitan but seemed worth a try for the price.
Embrace the sloppiness for sure. was 100% the same way, but have grown to, if not love the wrinkles, at least feel comfortable with them

IKant

Reaction score
When you say "real" Neapolitan, do you mean actually made by a tailor in Naples, like not China, ala Rubinacci, Orazio, Solito, Rubinacci etc or do you mean the non-extended shoulder look?

dresden

Reaction score
Yes, that is what I mean, bespoke from a tailor in Naples.
They all have extended shoulders, lower gorge, lower buttoning, a bit longer jackets and extra high rise trousers. I always liked how it looks.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the high twist polo, liked it so much I ordered more.
Perfect fit and drape for me. One of my favorite things they've made...
9273-BTF-PLO_001-P1-straight.jpg

blewnote1

Reaction score
Agree with the other posters, it seems like it will be great for your intended use.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OxandFord

Reaction score
Ok this is wild but I have an idea for a new product line for Spier and Mackay that combines style with comfort: Elevated sweatshirts and sweatpants inspired by sartorial fashion.

French Terry Blazer: A blazer made from French terry cotton for a stylish yet casual look.
High-Waisted Sweatpants: Sweatpants with a high waist, pleats, and a waistband for a more refined appearance.
Shawl Collar Sweatshirt: A sweatshirt featuring a shawl collar for added elegance.
Popover Hoodie: A hoodie with a 2 or 3 button placket for a polished touch.
Detailed Sweatshirt: A sweatshirt with a large collar and a functional/faux cuff button for unique detailing.

These pieces could be offered in matching sets or colors, with options for short sleeve tops and shorts. The goal is to create a more sophisticated version of the classic sweatshirt and sweatpant combination.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
And now for something casual...S&M linen POW shirt and S&M high-rise linen shorts:

Spier.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CANNONTIMBO