• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you for the tip! I have never thought of looking SM hashtag on instagram.

thank you for the input, it gets cold in here so that's helpful to know!

nice pick up! I bought similar pattern from Cavour and I wore it a lot. That ME houndstooth is awesome looking, and I regret not getting it when was OTR. Interesting choice though you plan to wear it all year round, I have always thought of silk (and its wrinkle) as summery fabric, but yeah the weight does support your idea!
Also regret missing it OTR. I figure our winters are not that cold and I can wear a thin merino sweater under it or overcoat on top.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Am considering picking up this serge blazer, as my Southwick has been commandeered by my son. Any comments or inputs on it? Thanks!

I have it. Quite nice. My tailor has handled maybe 8-10 jackets I've brought in from S&M - this one was his fave. He really loved the fabric. Color is very, very dark navy.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello gents,

I am not deeply versed in fabric weights (grams or ounces) but I will remark on my recent 24 day trip all over Spain.
I will provide a link to the suit I took (for a wedding on Mallorca) and just my observation. I packed it in my carry-on and each time I took it out and hung it (about 3 times along the way) any wrinkles would disappear by the next day.

So for those looking for a spring-summer weight fabric that travels well, this is one.

The suitcase: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CSPJRLFK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The suit:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spier Team, since I know y'all do on occasion still peruse this here threads, a kind request to PLEASE stock one color (though preferably both navy and darker grey!) in a Fresco mohair blend suit for next spring/summer.
Ideally full canvass, and jetted pockets, yada yada yada. Oh, and possibly in that Neo 3 cut, pending general thoughts on that change this season...

If it helps juice the decision making process, I'll buy both at retail.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Those look great! I can’t wait for mine.
Okay. The Neo 3 sport coat came in. Here are some pics. I'll post without any commentary on the cut.

The fabric is surprisingly nice. I really like it.

IMG_2905.jpeg
IMG_2906.jpeg
IMG_2907.jpeg

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

tcmquincy

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this MTO summer linen/wool sport coat? I am American, so I love the red/white/blue, but I’m having trouble thinking about other ways to style it than it is pictured here.

Is it too “4th of July”/tacky or “picnic tablecloth”? Or could it be slightly more versatile? Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0934.jpeg
    IMG_0934.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 121

Rhodia

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this MTO summer linen/wool sport coat? I am American, so I love the red/white/blue, but I’m having trouble thinking about other ways to style it than it is pictured here.

Is it too “4th of July”/tacky or “picnic tablecloth”? Or could it be slightly more versatile? Any advice is appreciated!

Is it tacky? Not in my view. It's very summery, obviously, and would be relegated to outdoor social events in the summer.

Could it be more versatile? Yes. Gun check in other colors would be easier to wear. My Spier Gun Check from last year is two shades of blue and two shades of brown/olive, with a cream base. It still very much stands out, but the red in the one you posted is a color that doesn't often make it to sportcoats.

Embrace summer of 1966:

1718217685488.jpeg

zurich64

Reaction score

This is jacket number 10 to 20 in wardrobe.
Wool linen is my favorite, travels well but this color is for summer afternoon party with limited use. Use as in picture, with white or light blue shirt. I have one like this, but unless you have 10+ jackets in wardrone, stay away from this and go for brown/navy/dark green in wool/linen combo.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's all personal preferences...
I'm a gun check fan, but that coat made me immediately think of Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
After a day, my evaluation is that I like the shoulders, but either I need the slim or have the waist taken in. I feel it's too big across the waist.
I feel shoulders is a bit wide, maybe the camera / photos. is this your standard size? i know they made the shoulder wider so I maybe biased

EdwardPatrick

Reaction score
New paper chinos up -- though they're only labelled as such in the description rather than the title.

I was thinking these might make a good alternative to The Armoury's olive sport chinos. But from reading a few impressions in this thread of previous iterations of the paper chinos, it seems like the consensus wasn't great. Any thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blahblah1776