• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Bought a Field Jacket (Marling & Evans wool) and a Safari Jacket (Moon wool), both of which were advertised as unlined.

Turns out the Field Jacket has lined sleeves (which is quite nice), but the Safari Jacket is truly unlined.

Not sure why the difference? I'm fine with it, but not sure why they did them differently.

ClothGolem

Reaction score
How do you all feel about lining in suit jackets? I’m doing a MTO suit in a tropical fabric, and I’m wondering if anything beyond butterfly lining is necessary. I living in FL so humid, hot weather is the norm.
My quarter-lined suit jacket's canvas started falling apart in the shoulders, and I had to sew it by hand.
Since then, I decided to fully line my MTO jackets.

Blondie87

Reaction score
Anyone have issues not being able to get wrinkles out of Spiers dress shirts? This is just a white twill, i washed on delicate and air dried. Ironed 3 times but there are still wrinkles/lines? Maybe i’m doing something wrong or the fabric may not be the best? This is my first non-oxford cloth from them (they iron fine) so not sure
IMG_8600.jpeg

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Anyone have issues not being able to get wrinkles out of Spiers dress shirts? This is just a white twill, i washed on delicate and air dried. Ironed 3 times but there are still wrinkles/lines? Maybe i’m doing something wrong or the fabric may not be the best? This is my first non-oxford cloth from them (they iron fine) so not sure
View attachment 2019077

yes, same here. and also looking for advice!

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2019077

I'm Sure You Tried Heavy Starch, Right???

I All Ways Starch My Shirts, But That May Not Be The Answer... :cool:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2019077
Have you ironed while still slightly damp? With heavy steam?

Nelton

Reaction score
Looks cool to me 😎

Cotton seersucker IMO isn’t as good as an open weave wool fabric in hot/humid conditions. Given the choice, I’d go with a high twist open weave wool like Fresco if the goal is to try to stay as cool as possible.

I'll let someone who actually owns a seersucker suit tell you how well it performs in the heat, but as someone who resides in New Orleans I've found what you're really looking for is linen or high twist open weave wool or wool/silk/linen or wool/linen.

I've not handled any of Spier's seersucker suits, but the others I've felt sont seem like they would be as good as the other fabrics I just mentioned.

That said, it is a cool looking suit.

Thanks chaps! I've pulled the trigger and also got a pair of high twist dark green trousers and the sage high waisted chinos in the sale. I'm excited... first time I've ordered nice and high waisted trousers with a bit of a fuller cut and I've wanted a brown suit forever! Will post a try on haul once it makes it way across the world....

BlueSteel

Reaction score

milktoast

Reaction score
When the balmacaan is released, do sizes like 36/38 sell out quicky? Also, do they (balmacaans) go on sale at all?
Depends on the popularity, tbh. I ordered one from last year within 5ish days of it being released in a 36 and still saw stock up a few weeks afterwards. Because they have sales so often these days it’s possible it could go on sale; however, they often exclude new items for a while. I also believe they usually have less stock of smaller and larger sizes, so all in all it’s a gamble.

spreadsheet

Reaction score
View attachment 2019077
The fabric is garbage on their fine twill shirts. As previously mentioned you need to spray the shirt with some water and use steam iron, the result will last until you put it on. They really should dump these fabrics.

Blondie87

Reaction score
The fabric is garbage on their fine twill shirts. As previously mentioned you need to spray the shirt with some water and use steam iron, the result will last until you put it on. They really should dump these fabrics.
yea maybe i’ll just have to go with a better fabric but I don’t want to go MTO and have the same thing happen.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jak