• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
FYI, there's something called 3r2,5 as well which rolls to the halfway point between the top and center buttons (obviously).

Yes - 3r2.5 used to be the default for Brioni single breasted (I have one). The roll stops basically midway between button 2 and the top button of the 3.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did the Neo cut change from the FW22 jackets to the SS23 ones? The VBC Revenge worsted suit from SS23 seems to fit me better than the FW22 Minnis flannel. The latter feels like it has a slightly higher armhole and more constricting fit overall. I wonder if this is partly due to how heavy the fabric is. It’s a serious flannel.

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Contemplating getting my first S&M Sportcoat.
Since customs is a bit of a hassle here to the EU I want to get the sizing right.
Usually I am a 52 Shoulder leaning towards a 50 Chest.

Anybody here who has comparisons between Natalino and S&M?
Natalinos sz 52 fits me really well, but has a slightly wider shoulder than S&M. Should I size up in S&M?
I feel like a 54 will be to long on me.

Any input would be appreciated.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S$M,Trousers And Shirt, Cream!

20230712_001905.jpg

20230712_004042.jpg

20230712_002701.jpg

20230712_002133.jpg

Attachments

• 20230712_002021.jpg
    20230712_002021.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 101

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
One more question:
When looking at custom options there is only the "Neapolitan Cut" not the "Neo Cut". Does that also have the raised armholes of the new Neo Cut or doesnt it?

St1X

Reaction score
Contemplating getting my first S&M Sportcoat.
Since customs is a bit of a hassle here to the EU I want to get the sizing right.
Usually I am a 52 Shoulder leaning towards a 50 Chest.

Anybody here who has comparisons between Natalino and S&M?
Natalinos sz 52 fits me really well, but has a slightly wider shoulder than S&M. Should I size up in S&M?
I feel like a 54 will be to long on me.

Any input would be appreciated.
S&M is not worth it with the EU customs. Get something else instead

Blondie87

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on full canvas for sportcoats and suits. I need to revamp some of my wardrobe and for the first time have enough saved up to purchase probably 2 suits and a sport coat. Im not in a huge rush but I messaged spier via instagram and was told there were no current plans for a full canvas promo. If it’s worth getting full canvas maybe I’ll just hold out and see if they do anything later in the year but if people think full canvas isn’t worth it I’ll probably order sooner. Appreciate any input either way.

kennyg2626

Reaction score
I am looking for a 42R blue or navy suit in slim. Wanting something with patch pockets but am open to others. Anyone have anything they are looking to get rid of?

BlueSteel

Reaction score
I am looking for a 42R blue or navy suit in slim. Wanting something with patch pockets but am open to others. Anyone have anything they are looking to get rid of?

You should post this in the separate S&M BST (buy/sell/trade) thread. Good luck!

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
Visited the showroom in Mississauga for the first time a couple of weeks ago and had a great appointment with the custom consultant there.

I live in downtown Toronto and miss the Toronto Street store. Just before Covid hit, I purchased 3 custom shirts and soon after purchased both their black and brown jumper boots and a fantastic parka vest that I didn't need, wanted, and now can't live without. Sadly, they didn't renew their store lease so I made an appointment at the showroom.

Since I prefer to tumble-dry, I experienced more shrinkage in my custom shirts than I'm used to which is why I made the appointment. Adjustments have been made to account for the shrink factor. We'll see after this one if S&M custom is right for me but I believe the quality and value are there.

I was hoping to try their polos and chinos but am concerned about the shrink factor. I'm likely going to size up on a polo and see how that goes.

What are your thoughts and experience with their different types of polos and chinos? Particularly interested if you tumble-dry.

JTrent82

Reaction score
Visited the showroom in Mississauga for the first time a couple of weeks ago and had a great appointment with the custom consultant there.

I live in downtown Toronto and miss the Toronto Street store. Just before Covid hit, I purchased 3 custom shirts and soon after purchased both their black and brown jumper boots and a fantastic parka vest that I didn't need, wanted, and now can't live without. Sadly, they didn't renew their store lease so I made an appointment at the showroom.

Since I prefer to tumble-dry, I experienced more shrinkage in my custom shirts than I'm used to which is why I made the appointment. Adjustments have been made to account for the shrink factor. We'll see after this one if S&M custom is right for me but I believe the quality and value are there.

I was hoping to try their polos and chinos but am concerned about the shrink factor. I'm likely going to size up on a polo and see how that goes.

What are your thoughts and experience with their different types of polos and chinos? Particularly interested if you tumble-dry.
Size up on the knit polos if you're going to tumble them- though I advise against putting knits in the dryer. Most of the chinos I've purchased have negligible shrinkage, the only exception being the linen/cottons from earlier this season- those particular chinos I recommend you put through a couple cycles before hemming.

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
Size up on the knit polos if you're going to tumble them- though I advise against putting knits in the dryer. Most of the chinos I've purchased have negligible shrinkage, the only exception being the linen/cottons from earlier this season- those particular chinos I recommend you put through a couple cycles before hemming.
Thanks! I'm going to see what my experience is tumble drying them to keep the PITA factor low. They are at such a low cost that my only concern will be the fit. They'll fit but since they are a slim fit my hope is that they will fit to my size, despite sizing up.

S&M has a great variety of chinos! Do you have experience with the paper chinos?

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Most of the chinos I've purchased have negligible shrinkage, the only exception being the linen/cottons from earlier this season- those particular chinos I recommend you put through a couple cycles before hemming.

Uh-oh...I bought 3 pairs of those and got S&M to hem them pretty short for a summer look. From your post I should likely expect them to be even shorter? (I will wash them very cold, and hang to air dry.)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngayogyakarta