• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Shop the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a pair of regular navy chinos but it's out of stock. I emailed CS, they said it's a seasonal item. So unless someone returns my size I'm sol. Shouldn't chinos be an all year round staple?
Maybe they were thinking the paper chinos or something being seasonal…

JTrent82

Reaction score
I wanted to buy a pair of regular navy chinos but it's out of stock. I emailed CS, they said it's a seasonal item. So unless someone returns my size I'm sol. Shouldn't chinos be an all year round staple?
Almost all S&M products are "seasonal" in that they're released one season and never again. They've issued I think seven rounds of chinos in the short time I've been a customer. They're never quite the same and they don't reuse the previous season's product codes. This is the current iteration, also available in high rise:

https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/navy---garment-dyed-chino-ry-3064-ny-chn-01-fw22-880

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Necessary assumption in this is that the size charts are inaccurate, at least for some of the shirts. But really we’re just speculating!
What you surmised definitely is not the case, unless these linens I got DRAMATICALLY shrink (I cold wash and hang dry) in the wash. They're definitely slimmer, but not at the old ES level.

Roman1

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue . Is it the canvas at fault or just poor workmanship

Attachments

• IMG_0454.jpeg
    IMG_0454.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 191

Blondie87

Reaction score
Basically functional cuffs are a PITA to tailor to length- very expensive. If you're confident about your sleeve length, the only downside will be on the resale.
Thanks for the input… didn’t even think about resale. If it’s expensive to tailor I’ll probably just keep with the faux buttons

Viatu

Reaction score
Are the custom suit timelines accurate? I'm thinking about ordering a custom suit but I don't want to have a long wait like I had for another custom order in the past.

Gil_Pender

Reaction score
Question regarding the cotton shawl cardigan for any who have it. I am thinking of sizing down as I know heavy cotton knits can stretch quite a bit through wear. I like a trimmer fit for cardigans. I am thinking either size down (my chest is 40", so get a small with a size chart listing of 36-38" chest) and shape/lay flat to dry or take my regular size (medium, size chart list of 40-42") and hope to hell it shrinks into the fit I want.

Thoughts?

Hello all, I'm looking to pick up these cotton shawl collar cardigans. Does anyone know if I need to size down, like I heard you do for the wool versions? I'm normally a 36s in sportcoats and generally a size small unless it runs big

Answering my own post and others:
I did size down on the cotton cardigan (normally a medium, took a small). Happy with the fit of the small. It is a trim fit but that is what I wanted as I don't like the baggy cardigan look. Sleeves and body length are good with the small; time will tell if the cotton stretches over time/wears.

taargus_taargus

Reaction score
Ok, just on feel test (as mentioned, don't care enough to measure and it isn't overly problematic on my end) this season's shirts are cut distinctly slimmer than previous. My slim linen shirts feel more like extra slims of yesteryear...
That gives me hope. I was really disappointed that they didn't have the extra slim fit this year

taargus_taargus

Reaction score
Almost all S&M products are "seasonal" in that they're released one season and never again. They've issued I think seven rounds of chinos in the short time I've been a customer. They're never quite the same and they don't reuse the previous season's product codes. This is the current iteration, also available in high rise:

https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/navy---garment-dyed-chino-ry-3064-ny-chn-01-fw22-880
I have no idea why they do this. If they sell out frequently, why not replenish frequently? It would be nice if they settled on a definite model and then have another line they could make changes to. I tried to purchase a pair last year and they sold out. Never replenished, and I got stuck with this year's.

I would say the chinos from this year are significantly different than last year's, not moderate. I especially hated the zipper.

JTrent82

Reaction score
I have no idea why they do this. If they sell out frequently, why not replenish frequently? It would be nice if they settled on a definite model and then have another line they could make changes to. I tried to purchase a pair last year and they sold out. Never replenished, and I got stuck with this year's.

I would say the chinos from this year are significantly different than last year's, not moderate. I especially hated the zipper.
The SS22 models are my favorite so far:

Blondie87

Reaction score
Are the custom suit timelines accurate? I'm thinking about ordering a custom suit but I don't want to have a long wait like I had for another custom order in the past.
Not a suit but the last MTO sport coat I ordered came about a day after the delivery window which I thought was pretty good

Blondie87

Reaction score
Anyone have anything in the Minis fabric below? Thinking of getting a sport coat for the fall if there’s a full canvas promo anytime soon. Just wanted to see how it looks in real life.
IMG_8227.jpeg

Themistocles

Reaction score
I recently ordered the full-canvas, navy hopsack neo-cut SS from the preview section (hence no full description). When I received it I noticed the cuffs appear to be functional, but no buttons included or button holes. Is this normal and do I need a tailor skilled enough to cut button holes? When I emailed CS about it, I just got an order notification for buttons, but no explanation. Also, it looks like the lapel creases as a three three button, rather than a 3 roll 2.
519C0674-5C10-42D0-90A7-6FEF50967EB5.jpeg
CD9A3F2E-0E9A-4458-99E6-1FD186EC1EDC.jpeg
EABE0D49-C56B-49AD-BE42-5D6D76C965A1.jpeg
2173139A-8AF8-4711-B5BC-F5CD58FF094B.jpeg

https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/navy-hopsack---neo-cut---full-canvas-4200042701-nesc-01-ss23

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockman