• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blewnote1

Reaction score
My previous order from June 12 was shipped 48 hrs. This one 24 hrs. It looks like there's a trend of slight improvement, albeit 1 step forward two steps back.

I think it's really a spin the wheel of shipping speed luck game. I ordered a shirt on the 16th and it is still processing.

And apparently a spin the wheel for whether it's in stock, because before I could post this I received an out of stock notification. Although after I received that email I see that there are still 3 for sale on the website so who knows!?

Rhodia

Reaction score
I think it's really a spin the wheel of shipping speed luck game. I ordered a shirt on the 16th and it is still processing.

And apparently a spin the wheel for whether it's in stock, because before I could post this I received an out of stock notification. Although after I received that email I see that there are still 3 for sale on the website so who knows!?
There appears to be some issue with Spier's website (and perhaps also their stocking system). Suddenly, all sorts of items are showing as sold out in all sizes. Items that I know had stock only a day or two ago (including the Sportcoat I received an email about).

JTrent82

Reaction score
There appears to b

There appears to be some issue with Spier's website (and perhaps also their stocking system). Suddenly, all sorts of items are showing as sold out in all sizes. Items that I know had stock only a day or two ago (including the Sportcoat I received an email about).
This happens occasionally. I think they're updating inventory on sport coats.

Blondie87

Reaction score
Anyone know the differences between “normal sport coat” jacket template and the “Standard” suit jacket template specifically as it pertains to the shoulders? If I get a standard suit jacket with unpadded shoulders will it be the same shoulders as an unpadded sportcoat?

JTrent82

Reaction score
Anyone know the differences between “normal sport coat” jacket template and the “Standard” suit jacket template specifically as it pertains to the shoulders? If I get a standard suit jacket with unpadded shoulders will it be the same shoulders as an unpadded sportcoat?
The sport coat template features a spalla camicia with shirring and the standard template does not.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Heard back from the MTO/MTM coordinator.
You can request "undarted American sack jacket" in notes.

Also, they " are not currently sourcing new fabric from VBC at this time" which is kind of a bummer.

taargus_taargus

Reaction score

Rafsan

Reaction score
I wanted to give psa on this gem of a jacket from Bottoli in wool/silk/hemp. Great pick by SM. Cloth is great, substantial yet feels light. Don’t sleep!
32E21523-E79F-402A-85BA-E45B1B29E351.jpeg
8E95C145-718F-41CD-AAEB-2AA18D271B64.jpeg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on my funky jacket: just a straight up return. Which, fine by me, but if you're a 46R on marinating on the SC, you're gambling a bit

JTrent82

Reaction score
So I've had my eye on a particular sport coat from FW22 for a while, just waiting for a sale to drop. Last week, there was only one 38 contemporary available and an unknown (more than 3 I assume) number of 38 slims. Now, after the inventory update yesterday, there's three contemporaries and zero slims. Does that sound fishy to anyone else? I'm imagining S&M just switching the tags on the slims to get them sold. They wouldn't do that, right?

SteveMc

Reaction score
So I've had my eye on a particular sport coat from FW22 for a while, just waiting for a sale to drop. Last week, there was only one 38 contemporary available and an unknown (more than 3 I assume) number of 38 slims. Now, after the inventory update yesterday, there's three contemporaries and zero slims. Does that sound fishy to anyone else? I'm imagining S&M just switching the tags on the slims to get them sold. They wouldn't do that, right?

Very unlikely.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya, that seems too sleazy, by a good margin, imo.

classicoutfits

Reaction score

Maybe returns?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224