• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsgmd

Reaction score
Just wanted to provide an update on the S&M Fox Brothers Green check blazer. It's a very nice blazer for winter. It is definitely a darker shade of green. It is slightly less thick than my O'Connell's Southwick Harris Tweed Grey Herringbone blazer. In terms of fit, it is definitely more generous than the Havana cut but the 38R is comparable in both styles, whereas with the Southwick I had to go for a 37R. I suspect the S&M slim would've been a tad too tight. For trousers, are the S&M slim comparable to Suit Supply which is very slim and the big downside of Suit Supply? I am leaning towards S&M classic. If you are between sizes, should you go up or down? Thanks!

St1X

Reaction score
Just wanted to provide an update on the S&M Fox Brothers Green check blazer. It's a very nice blazer for winter. It is definitely a darker shade of green. It is slightly less thick than my O'Connell's Southwick Harris Tweed Grey Herringbone blazer. In terms of fit, it is definitely more generous than the Havana cut but the 38R is comparable in both styles, whereas with the Southwick I had to go for a 37R. I suspect the S&M slim would've been a tad too tight. For trousers, are the S&M slim comparable to Suit Supply which is very slim and the big downside of Suit Supply? I am leaning towards S&M classic. If you are between sizes, should you go up or down? Thanks!
I'd say S&M's contemp trousers are as slim in the seat and waist as SuSu's brescia, however they are wider through the leg. If I am between the sizes or fits I prefer to go for the larger as it's always easier to take things in

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say S&M's contemp trousers are as slim in the seat and waist as SuSu's brescia, however they are wider through the leg. If I am between the sizes or fits I prefer to go for the larger as it's always easier to take things in

For flat fronts that may be the case, for high rise pleated I found the S&M contemporary is significantly fuller in the hip and seat, albeit I have only ever tried one pair of Brescias but around 15 pairs of S&M high rise.

acg2010

Reaction score
For flat fronts that may be the case, for high rise pleated I found the S&M contemporary is significantly fuller in the hip and seat, albeit I have only ever tried one pair of Brescias but around 15 pairs of S&M high rise.

This is definitely the case. The Vigo, which I think is among SuSu's highest rise trousers with pleats, has a rise about .5-.7" shorter than the high rise pleated. They're probably closer to the plated contemporary regular rise.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got burned on the summerweight chinos so I'm apprehensive but are these like a standard 8oz?

Had a look at the regular chinos. Doesn't say the weight, but these are the standard chinos just in high rise. I find that the regular mid rise for me at least was just a tad low for me. Other than the sizing inconsistencies. This is one of my favourite items from Spier

Rafsan

Reaction score

This arrived today. Beautiful cloth, but the armholes and sleeve size are pretty drastically smaller than my past Neo coats. Doesn’t work for me at all, unfortunately. Are all the new Neopolitan coats like this now?
If I remember correctly, the armholes were raised 2cm starting in FW 21, and there was supposedly some correction for the latter part of SS22, with FW22 being adjusted back to just 1cm raised from the pre-fw21 armhole. FW21/ss22 weren’t great for me either (although there was some variation due to cloth/allowances), but fw22 armhole works pretty well again.

sydneycider

Reaction score

This arrived today. Beautiful cloth, but the armholes and sleeve size are pretty drastically smaller than my past Neo coats. Doesn’t work for me at all, unfortunately. Are all the new Neopolitan coats like this now?
My favourite jacket, guaranteed a compliment whenever I wear this. Sleeves are a tad tight I do agree.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VBC charcoal flannel (channeling my inner @1st Step as he has worn the exact same setup)
IMG_20221130_093417_edit_2451171589024933.jpg
IMG_20221130_112215.jpg
IMG_20221130_093551.jpg
IMG_20221130_095312_edit_2451155292209831.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads