• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JTrent82

Reaction score
I'm assuming the marled turtlenecks are twice as expensive as the regular merino turtlenecks because they're thicker, not just because they're prettier, right?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JTrent82

Reaction score
Are we expecting a suit restock? Most of the suits are oos.

it’s kinda crazy
If you're talking about the core suits from Filarte, they just stocked the basic colors a couple months ago. They sell out quick.

cr2596

Reaction score
I was interested in this one as well. Then I remembered I ordered a brown herringbone version in this cut last year. I returned it quickly because it really needed sleeve and partial body lining (for ease of wear, stability, comfort and safety of your shirt/sweater. The interior functioned as velcro.
Yes, I had exactly the same experience with the Abraham Moon tweeds last year. Just WAY too rough to wear with anything less than two (substantial) layers underneath, one of which had to be collared to avoid having the tweed rubbing against your neck. Impractical to the point of being silly. I'm hoping this Di Pray tweed is a lot softer, but I won't take the chance until people post some hands-on experiences here.
Really helpful and valuable information that I didn’t consider. Thank you, gentlemen.

JTrent82

Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of dress trews from S&M. Do they include watch pockets? Either the little fabric divider on the interior of the right hand pocket or the welted pocket by the waistband? I'm gonna have to ask my tailor to sew one in if not. I can't do without it.

WaIIace

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have their western denim shirt? Are they true to size or sizing up is needed?

hysteria

Reaction score
Really helpful and valuable information that I didn’t consider. Thank you, gentlemen.

I find the same issue with Harris Tweed. I never understood the appeal considering how thick and rough it is.

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
I was able to pick up one of last year‘s F/W Moon field jackets on sale and I have really enjoyed it. I travelled to Europe a couple weeks ago and it was great with the extra pockets. However, I agree, I wish it was lined because it is so scratchy and could not wear anything without a collar. So I had my tailor put a piece of fabric along the neck line and that resolved that issue (Pics below). I asked for a similar color pattern as the jacket and it’s nearly impossible to see when wearing. I have worn some BR merino sweaters and they have held up okay with the tweed so far…
216F4478-DCEE-49D8-A202-C38F03D47851.jpeg

793D5CDF-E424-48B9-863B-A1A161766134.jpeg

tmckay2

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with how their standard pique polos with button down collars fit? Are they slim fitting in the body or kind of baggy? I'm 5'9 160 but lift a lot, seems like I should get a small. I wear a 38r suit jacket. But not sure how slim the polos are.

Last edited:

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought this was an interesting topic to discuss here.

Off topic: would be interested to hear your top 3 all time SM sport coats

1. Oatmeal donegal
  2. Moon tweed houndstooth gun check (mto)
  3. Marling Evans black and cream pow check w/red overcheck (mto)

Mr_natural78

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if Spier and Mackay will make mto sport coats in fabric I send them? Do they have a representative who regularly posts in this thread?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads