• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They always have some wild ideas each year. Last year it was ordering too many coats that were similar with slight variations.

The one item they don't carry that makes a ton of sense would be suede loafers in a decent style. The suede chukkas I have are great but they continue to say they are going for more #menswear and bring out some boring shoe styles. My guess is the team would put out some BS Kiltie loafer with tassles instead of something similar to an Alden LHS

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which is confusing. I took delivery of a MTO jacket a couple of weeks ago, and the breast pocket placement was fine. It featured the new revised armhole.
Rick said the Harris Tweed is revised armhole and pocket, v2. Good enough for me. You’re not going to beat $448 for a HT jacket. Tremendous value

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased/handled this DB? If so, overall thoughts would be much appreciated.
I noticed there are plenty available in both the blue and grey version which sort of surprised me.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_184e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_184e.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I measured the stilt-like summer chinos I wore and posted a couple days ago. Those are a 34 contemporary.

They measure 22" in the thighs at the crotch, and 6.5" in the leg opening. The size chart claims a 27" thigh and 8" leg opening. I think I'll pass on casual trousers from S&M, because they're off every season for me.

Blondie87

Reaction score
Anyone know if normal(?) rise non-side tab donegal trousers are coming this year? Love the color options but the high rise, side tab isn’t my style. would love a light gray pair

Jason12

Reaction score
DB cardigans from Italian brands are quite interesting but these are a little different. Usually Italian one tend to be more like a knit DB jacket with only 4 buttons usually tonal MOP or brown horn buttons

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blackwatch dinner jacket up. @An Acute Style
Thanks. I saw that. Tempted, but I got a vintage one this summer. Also, what’s going on with the pattern. It seems skewed. It may look different on a human. The pockets are not parallel with the pattern. That seems odd to me.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
DB cardigans from Italian brands are quite interesting but these are a little different. Usually Italian one tend to be more like a knit DB jacket with only 4 buttons usually tonal MOP or brown horn buttons

4 buttons with a lowish stance and a shawl collar would be a bit unusual but very wearable. This thing looks like what you'd get if you asked someone who didn't know much about tailoring to draw from memory using a crayon what a double breasted jacket looks like. The rounded front quarter is just the *chef's kiss* on what was already a total waste of energy and raw materials. Designers from actual fast fashion brands that turn the blood of children and endangered animals into polyester trash and CO2 are probably looking and going, "Uh...yea no......and also, ewww what the ****....."

I know we're generally against fast fashion here but here me out: let's try a thing called even faster fashion where we just all chip in the funds, stack all the codes we can cobble together, buy the entire stock from the warehouse, and dump them straight into the ocean. We can probably write it off as a tax deduction, even. For the greater good of humanity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads