• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoeaffic

Reaction score
Hi everybody, just wanted to comment on the cut of the linen sport coats. I know they've been out for a while but does anyone know what cut this is supposed to be? The page links to the regular cut on sizing but the description mentions wider lapels (narrower than Neo, but wider than regular). Also, it's supposed to be a 3 roll 2, but actually, if you look at the pics (or have bought one), you'll notice that it is ironed to be a regular 3 button jacket. Is this normal? I hadn't seen or noticed these hybrid/more classic cuts. I read Rick the other day say that Spier didn't do regular 3 button jackets, but these are in fact regular 3 button jackets, or at least they're ironed (canvassed/constructed?) to be regular 3 button jackets. Anyway, I wanted to put that out there.

blewnote1

Reaction score
Hi everybody, just wanted to comment on the cut of the linen sport coats. I know they've been out for a while but does anyone know what cut this is supposed to be? The page links to the regular cut on sizing but the description mentions wider lapels (narrower than Neo, but wider than regular). Also, it's supposed to be a 3 roll 2, but actually, if you look at the pics (or have bought one), you'll notice that it is ironed to be a regular 3 button jacket. Is this normal? I hadn't seen or noticed these hybrid/more classic cuts. I read Rick the other day say that Spier didn't do regular 3 button jackets, but these are in fact regular 3 button jackets, or at least they're ironed (canvassed/constructed?) to be regular 3 button jackets. Anyway, I wanted to put that out there.
These linen sportcoats?

They all certainly appear to be 3 roll 2 to my eyes, but maybe I'm missing something. As for which cut it is your guess is as good as mine. I would just write to customer service.

Last edited:

Stylewords

Reaction score
3.5” points but at a downwards angle so they are perceived longer, soft construction with no slots to accept collar bones/stiffeners.
The problem with longer points (as with the Italian collar) is they are normally offet with a higher collar band, so you're still left with the same problem of points that don't fall under the jacket. Hopefully that's not the case here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with longer points (as with the Italian collar) is they are normally offet with a higher collar band, so you're still left with the same problem of points that don't fall under the jacket. Hopefully that's not the case here.
That sure hasn’t been my experience with the Italian spread collar. I’ve got a bunch of them. All of them points under lapels. Can’t imagine needing even longer points

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmic123