• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're thinking of running the cotton trousers in expanded colours for next summer. The Guabello Check is sooooo much more interesting than a solid gray, and will work in almost the same situations.

Yeah the glen plaid is really interesting. Tried it on quick and it fits quite well. I tend to wear mostly solid shirts so I think I will be keeping the check. Planning a slight taper to 7.5" opening and maybe a 1.75" cuff.

IMG_0993.JPG

iviustang50h

Reaction score
@spiermackay Are the "standard" navy suits going to be re-released soon? I have an occasion coming up, so I plan to order one ASAP. If not, I'll just go with 4" lapel version.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bummer the re-releases only come in regular (not tall) sizes. A couple in there look great.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any solid or close to solid browns coming? I'd love something like a brown hopsack.

Just the tweeds and donegals.

@spiermackay Are the "standard" navy suits going to be re-released soon? I have an occasion coming up, so I plan to order one ASAP. If not, I'll just go with 4" lapel version.

Only a restock of size 40. Should be up by end of this week. Then a full restock in August of both the Standard Navy and the Guabello Bright Navy.

It's a bummer the re-releases only come in regular (not tall) sizes. A couple in there look great.

We only had limited fabric to work with unfortunately.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just the tweeds and donegals.

Oh my, you have a brown donegal jacket coming?! I have had some serious dreams of getting one all because of this picture haha, hope it's something similar shade wise. In general I can't wait to see the fall jacket offerings.

swoop-and-lupo.jpeg

lsu123

Reaction score
Is there any way to use the MTM program by submitting alterations (+ 1 cm, - 1 cm, etc.) to the standard OTR sizes? I fit almost perfectly into a slim 38S but need the right shoulder lowered by 1 cm and the overall shoulder width narrowed by 2 cm. Is this possible without visiting the store? If so, please give me an email address I can make the order through.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan cotton suit trousers in case anyone wanted to see them. Website says 100% premium cotton but the tag on them says 97% cotton and 3% spandex and they do have some stretch to them. It's a very lightweight cotton and very comfortable.

Put a crease in them and folded up some cuffs to get an idea of what I want to do with them. Dropping them at the tailor today and thinking 1.75" cuffs to help them drape and taper to 7.5" opening. (Pic is around 2" and about 8" opening).

Really pleased the contemporary is fitting me better these days now that I've outgrown the slims in thigh size. Will start transitioning all my trousers over to the contemporary as I move forward.

IMG_1004.JPG

paxonus

Reaction score
Tan cotton suit trousers in case anyone wanted to see them. Website says 100% premium cotton but the tag on them says 97% cotton and 3% spandex and they do have some stretch to them. It's a very lightweight cotton and very comfortable.

Put a crease in them and folded up some cuffs to get an idea of what I want to do with them. Dropping them at the tailor today and thinking 1.75" cuffs to help them drape and taper to 7.5" opening. (Pic is around 2" and about 8" opening).

Really pleased the contemporary is fitting me better these days now that I've outgrown the slims in thigh size. Will start transitioning all my trousers over to the contemporary as I move forward.

View attachment 790395
They look a bit tight across the hips--the pockets are flaring open. You might consider going up a size in the waist and having them taken in.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look a bit tight across the hips--the pockets are flaring open. You might consider going up a size in the waist and having them taken in.

Good eye. I'll check them out again but they felt roomy enough in the hip. I think it might be how I'm standing, the cotton fabric certainly doesn't drape like the Gaubello I posted yesterday. Maybe that I might not have them pulled up high enough too.

wheresbrando

Reaction score
Mr. Rick- any of the Blue Cotton Slub shirts in a 16 (contemporary or slim; contemporary preferred) floating around the store/warehouse? Looking to grab one.

Just bought a couple different sizes of each of the olive and navy popovers - excited to give them a go. Haven't bought from S&M in a while (changed jobs and don't have to dress up anymore) but I'm looking forward to grabbing some of the chinos and polos/floral shirts as well.

zinc2162

Reaction score
I received the popover in navy today. Since the fabric has minimal stretch, it is difficult to put on. I was afraid I am going to rip it...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads