SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I think 5 madras fabrics are in the custom section that are for this year. The first patterns before the sale stuff.

https://www.spierandmackay.com/search.php?srchtext=Madras

Rick mentioned the olive and navy cotton/linen (also in the custom section) were for popovers but unsure of other possible colors.

2. The Dirk

The Dirk Member

WOW!! you guys hit these new suits out of the park! I'll be making a purchase tonight, or tomorrow morning...even though my wife is going to kill me haha.

Quick question about the Neapolitan suits, what exactly is a "negative belly" on a lapel, and does it have anything to do with how much of the third button is exposed/the amount the lapel rolls over? I'm a bigger fan of a 3 roll 2 where the third button basically doesn't show at all, like the Washington fit by suitsupply. The answer to this question will probably be the deciding factor for me on whether I go with the Neapolitan or the peak lapel.

3. exfalso

exfalso Member

I am surprised to see madras in blue gingham -- I thought I didn't need any more madras shirts, but I might as well change my mind.