• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jermyzy

Reaction score

wilcthree

Reaction score
Can't let out a bit? Too bad, that's a nice fabric. I would have bought this earlier when it came out, but I'm not a fan of the high rise trousers.
Yup, a great fabric indeed. Letting it out won’t work. I can tell from the first few try-ons that it’s a cut issue. Too bad, so sad. 😭😢😩

hysteria

Reaction score
Yup, a great fabric indeed. Letting it out won’t work. I can tell from the first few try-ons that it’s a cut issue. Too bad, so sad. 😭😢😩
I bought thoes trousers bc I love the fabric, but sadly, it was not cut well. I find SM sources some decent fabrics but the trouser cuts just miss the mark frequently.

wilcthree

Reaction score
I bought thoes trousers bc I love the fabric, but sadly, it was not cut well. I find SM sources some decent fabrics but the trouser cuts just miss the mark frequently.
Dang. Dang. Dang. So it wasn’t just me! While the suit coat missed the mark, the trews were way waaaaaayyyyy off. Comically so.

cr2596

Reaction score
There are so many suits I want, but I just can’t make the pants work. It’s frustrating.

JayDee90

Reaction score
What are some things you think could be improved? I have had a hard time with trousers in the past as well so just curious if we could identify some general issues for Rick to address with an adjustment to the pattern. If less generalized and most ppl don't have an issue with cut, no real incentive to change it

hysteria

Reaction score
What are some things you think could be improved? I have had a hard time with trousers in the past as well so just curious if we could identify some general issues for Rick to address with an adjustment to the pattern. If less generalized and most ppl don't have an issue with cut, no real incentive to change it
For me, consistency first. The trousers aren't consistent in sizing from one to another.
The waists are a pain to deal with. I wear size 28 for most, and SM size 28 is too small and size 30 is too big. There's a big gap b/w the two sizes. They should have in between sizes to address that or have the gaps b/w sizes not as massive.
The back rise should generally be a bit higher - often get bunching below the glutes.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see they've not solved the shrinkage issue with polos. 3 different seasons for me now. Tried buying one medium, washed in cold and hung dry, it already shrunk to a small before I even wore it.

JayDee90

Reaction score
For me, consistency first. The trousers aren't consistent in sizing from one to another.
The waists are a pain to deal with. I wear size 28 for most, and SM size 28 is too small and size 30 is too big. There's a big gap b/w the two sizes. They should have in between sizes to address that or have the gaps b/w sizes not as massive.
The back rise should generally be a bit higher - often get bunching below the glutes.
I agree on the backrise, even with their high rise fits, the backrise could be increased. Something I wanted to address with mtm they still use a U rise instead. Not sure if that has changed since...

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see they've not solved the shrinkage issue with polos. 3 different seasons for me now. Tried buying one medium, washed in cold and hung dry, it already shrunk to a small before I even wore it.
Some people experience a lot of shrinking in these pique polos, but I have cold washed and hung dry as well and no shrinkage other than very slight as it is cotton. Sometimes it may not be the fabrics, but washing machines are very different to different fabrics. I'm not saying it could be a batch thing sometimes, but some washers 'cold' actually isn't cold.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not necessarily an issue with the back rise https://www.styleforum.net/threads/on-pants.177616/

marchello

Reaction score
Sondrio cotton-linen trousers - do these run big or small? I understand them have a +- 1/2" tolerance and would like to know whether these trousers tend to be on the + or - side.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Some people experience a lot of shrinking in these pique polos, but I have cold washed and hung dry as well and no shrinkage other than very slight as it is cotton. Sometimes it may not be the fabrics, but washing machines are very different to different fabrics. I'm not saying it could be a batch thing sometimes, but some washers 'cold' actually isn't cold.
Yes, I think we can take many of the claims of wash cold/air dry with a pinch of salt. Mine have shrunk slightly like polos do from most brands.

Iskander

Reaction score
Yes, I think we can take many of the claims of wash cold/air dry with a pinch of salt. Mine have shrunk slightly like polos do from most brands.
My polo definitely shrank like 1.5 sizes with a cold wash and hang dry. Maybe it's different batches or something

jermyzy

Reaction score
Sizing in general is sometimes hit and miss. I've ordered sportcoats in the exact same size/fit, and some are perfect fit, and some are significantly larger.

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jennifer Thomas45