• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

blewnote1

Reaction score
PS I came across this old Esquire fashion plate using a Solaro jacket as a separate. Thought I'd throw it up for inspo on a way to use the suit more by breaking it up. They even have it paired with one of the striped summer cotton shirts Spier has in the new arrivals section!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the store. Picked up a linen BD dress shirt, chukka boot in suede and a knit tee shirt. I always go in for one thing and end up with more.

So regarding the knit polo. While I loved the fit and look, for me the sleeves were too long. It was slightly just above my elbows. Maybe that's how it's suppose to be but I'm used to the typical polo fit where it hits mid biceps.

However, the fit and fabric felt great.

I really like how the knit tee shirt fit though. It's a very nice upgrade to the run of the mil t shirt. Got it in Burgundy only ad there was no stock of cream in size large..I'll try to post fit pics when I'm back in shape.

jermyzy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking of ordering a MTO suit in the dusty blue, but can't figure out which colour the buttons are. There are only limited options for MTO, I think only the dark horn and light horn are suitable for this jacket, but in the picture it looks like something in between?

dustyblue.jpg

dinted voice

Reaction score
Can anyone post thoughts on the chore coat fit? Trying to decide between small or medium. I wear small in the over shirts and 15.5 contemporary shirts. Just curious how other people sized.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Can anyone post thoughts on the chore coat fit? Trying to decide between small or medium. I wear small in the over shirts and 15.5 contemporary shirts. Just curious how other people sized.
I am between a L and XL ....I went with XL and love the fit. The fit is relaxed, but not oversized. I would also say the XL fits in line with where a lot of other brands would be an L, so I do think these chore coats fit about a half-size smaller than average US alpha-sizing.

Also, I'll add that the chore coat provides excellent range of motion. I can't stand any sort of top where when you reach forward you feel any restriction or binding behind the shoulders or armpits. I don't know what it is exactly about a cut that does this—it's def not just a matter of sizing, as I've put on items that fit big that bind as well as stuff that is too slim for me in the body where range of motion is still unrestricted. A main reason I bought the S&M chorecoat was after buying a different brand that was restrictive, and thankfully the S&M coat is excellent in this regard.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmediaow