• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

velvel87

Reaction score
Anyone's shirt collar fusing bubbling again? I seem to be having the luck of the draw, shirts were supposedly replaced by S&M beginning last year, but now have bubbled again (minimal, minimal wear on them since due to WFH). One has never been washed or ironed and is fresh out of the bag.

Haven't seen that but I did just receive a trench coat with the sleeve lining twisted 360 degrees before it was sewn into the cuff. Couldn't get my arm through the sleeve. Love what the company is doing overall, but there are some QC challenges. But an overall fantastic value.

burgerkong

Reaction score
I can't say I've ever noticed this. Can you post a pic? Curious what I should be looking for...

Haven't seen that but I did just receive a trench coat with the sleeve lining twisted 360 degrees before it was sewn into the cuff. Couldn't get my arm through the sleeve. Love what the company is doing overall, but there are some QC challenges. But an overall fantastic value.

20220226_182832.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though it doesn't functionally "do" anything, I really dig SM's automated reply function they've initiated for CS inquiries.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was able to snag these for the 1 or 2 days they were in the site. Really like them! 92/8 linen/silk, just like the wheat herringbone. More medium brown in real life but copper comes through in light, especially with the silk sheen. 34 Slim fit reference. A bit tight in the thighs when sitting but strangely don't look tight to me. I think there's just not much stretch, as I got a same size Quest cotton that is more comfortable.

Those look great. I got my pair today and they are very nice. I haven't decided whether I will keep them because I don't think they'll pair well with anything other than blue summer jackets. If S&M releases a matching jacket I'd probably buy it and make this a summer suit.

The wheat herringbone is a real winner. Definitely keeping.

It's interesting that you found it to be snug in the thighs. I had the opposite reaction: the Quest cotton is too tight in the thighs, as were the cavalry twills I tried a couple of months ago. The linen/silk, cotton/linen, and fresco trousers I've tried are just about perfect in the thighs, particularly when standing and walking.

gonnagetmine

Reaction score
Those look great. I got my pair today and they are very nice. I haven't decided whether I will keep them because I don't think they'll pair well with anything other than blue summer jackets. If S&M releases a matching jacket I'd probably buy it and make this a summer suit.

The wheat herringbone is a real winner. Definitely keeping.

It's interesting that you found it to be snug in the thighs. I had the opposite reaction: the Quest cotton is too tight in the thighs, as were the cavalry twills I tried a couple of months ago. The linen/silk, cotton/linen, and fresco trousers I've tried are just about perfect in the thighs, particularly when standing and walking.
I think 3 season blues will work, and darker greens as well. Very strange about your opposite fit experience indeed.

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone have any idea regarding the fit and sizing for shirts for size 15 contemp VS 15.5 Slim fit? the measurements from the sizing chart are almost identical. What is the actual difference thats not mentioned in the size chart?

JTrent82

Reaction score
Still debating whether to order slim or contemporary when I try to snag FW sale jackets. The OTR slim is nearly perfect for me in Spring/Summer with no layering, but I'm afraid it would be tight with flannels or sweaters. Generally how much excess fabric does SM give you to work with? I assume it's possible for a tailor to turn a contemporary into a slim but not possible to turn a slim into a contemporary, right?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The moleskin trousers are really nice. I’ve noticed that there’s some bunching around the knees. I assume this is due to how they are cut, which leaves excess fabric. Does that sound right?

I rolled them up to see if the bunching was due to the inseam length. That didn’t seem to change anything.

It may not even be worthwhile to have a tailor attempt to narrow the legs.

Attachments

• 0406CBF5-3C26-4DE6-9827-30698F593282.png
    0406CBF5-3C26-4DE6-9827-30698F593282.png
    386.9 KB · Views: 138

JayDee90

Reaction score
The moleskin trousers are really nice. I’ve noticed that there’s some bunching around the knees. I assume this is due to how they are cut, which leaves excess fabric. Does that sound right?

I rolled them up to see if the bunching was due to the inseam length. That didn’t seem to change anything.

Moleskin is a really soft cloth which unsurprisingly will bag, show signs of wear in the knees, especially if worn slim so I don't believe tapering further will help and will likely hurt. While you gain a ridiculous amount of comfort you do end up giving up drape.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moleskin is a really soft cloth which unsurprisingly will bag, show signs of wear in the knees, especially if worn slim so I don't believe tapering further will help and will likely hurt. While you gain a ridiculous amount of comfort you do end up giving up drape.
Yeah that's how mine look as well.

FWIW, S&M's trouser moleskins are on the lighter side of what I've tried. I've had some moleskins from Peter Christian and they felt thicker and draped a bit better.

t0w28Hr.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i had something wonky with my cord high rise last year, the crease below my knee on my right leg would be shifted completely outward , it's an issue with the cut, nothing can fix it. send more phtoso to customer service and ask for an exchange. they did so for me.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still debating whether to order slim or contemporary when I try to snag FW sale jackets. The OTR slim is nearly perfect for me in Spring/Summer with no layering, but I'm afraid it would be tight with flannels or sweaters. Generally how much excess fabric does SM give you to work with? I assume it's possible for a tailor to turn a contemporary into a slim but not possible to turn a slim into a contemporary, right?
winter weight material i think better to go up a size in contemporary and then wear a nice, not too thick sweater that you see yourself pairing with it, go to your alterations tailor and thave them pin you up like that.
if u buy thee size you normally wear but with a dress shirt or thin polo it's not going to fit.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
winter weight material i think better to go up a size in contemporary and then wear a nice, not too thick sweater that you see yourself pairing with it, go to your alterations tailor and thave them pin you up like that.
if u buy thee size you normally wear but with a dress shirt or thin polo it's not going to fit.
that is assuming you plan on wearing sweaters with winter weight sporcoats.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fasdff