• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my waistcoat today. I love the fabric, love the cut, love the look. However. It's snug! I ordered my regular size - 40. The chest seems to fit fine. But it's cozy through the middle. Keep in mind, I probably should NOT have tried this on the day after Thanksgiving.
Trust me, I know what you mean. Sitting here feeling like I may explode.
?
Anyway, it does not look too tight. Slim, but not too. So long as you are planning, as am I, to go into diet exercise mode soon, you should be good !
Btw, which vest is that? Looks terrific with the denim

redhotsili

Reaction score
I guess my question is, does it LOOK like it's WAY TOO TIGHT, and should I go one size bigger, or should I just go with my own "gut" feeling and ride it out? Thanks!!

PS: Photo color was enhanced to show the pattern detail on the waistcoat.

It looks great and doesn’t look too tight. However, if you’re already holding your stomach in and not comfortable, I’d considering sizing up. That said, it’s good motivation to go back to your preferred weight!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any of the VBC chalkstripe suits currently offered through MTO? They're the same that we're offered RTW in 2018. Wondering how pronounced the chalkstripe is for both the navy and charcoal. Pics please if you have any of them.

discoversaur

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the cotton stretch chinos shrink after just a cold wash/hang dry? I know my size in them and am considering getting the complimentary hemming, but I'm a little worried about the the length shrinking after a wash.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
Trust me, I know what you mean. Sitting here feeling like I may explode.
?
Anyway, it does not look too tight. Slim, but not too. So long as you are planning, as am I, to go into diet exercise mode soon, you should be good !
Btw, which vest is that? Looks terrific with the denim
This one - https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/di-pray---blue--brown-check-waistcoat--26-71262-wc-sb-fw21.

I've been eating terribly lately. And drinking too much beer. It's a fall/winter thing that I assume many of us subscribe to.

Yeah, i think you are right. Any bigger and I'd be swimming in it, at least in the chest.

Thanks for the feedback!

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
It looks great and doesn’t look too tight. However, if you’re already holding your stomach in and not comfortable, I’d considering sizing up. That said, it’s good motivation to go back to your preferred weight!
Gonna stick with this one, and stop eating my weight in pasta and my daughter's Halloween candy starting...now!
Thanks for the feedback!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any of the VBC chalkstripe suits currently offered through MTO? They're the same that we're offered RTW in 2018. Wondering how pronounced the chalkstripe is for both the navy and charcoal. Pics please if you have any of them.
I have the navy. I will dig out some pics. The chalk striping is, as it should be, low contrast.

JayDee90

Reaction score
Check @vriche 's youTube channel he does an unboxing and closeup. Think that is a good depiction of the cloth.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check @vriche 's youTube channel he does an unboxing and closeup. Think that is a good depiction of the cloth.
Thanks. I've seen that. But it's to close up. I'd like to see how it looks like from a distance. I'm assuming the charcoal, which he unboxes, is more pronounced. But want to get a feel for exactly how much.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
View attachment 1710284
View attachment 1710285

Ok fellas, I need some feedback/guidance here. I got my waistcoat today. I love the fabric, love the cut, love the look. However. It's snug! I ordered my regular size - 40. The chest seems to fit fine. But it's cozy through the middle. Keep in mind, I probably should NOT have tried this on the day after Thanksgiving. I DO need to lose about 10 - 15 pounds. I also know that waistcoats are supposed to fit more snug if the intention is to wear it under a jacket. AND it's forcing me to sit more upright in my chair as I type this - not a bad thing. My gut tells me to suck it up (not one, but two bad dad puns for you today!) and deal with it until I drop a few pounds at which point it SHOULD feel better. I guess my question is, does it LOOK like it's WAY TOO TIGHT, and should I go one size bigger, or should I just go with my own "gut" feeling and ride it out? Thanks!!

PS: Photo color was enhanced to show the pattern detail on the waistcoat.

Looks alright standing up, but how is it sitting down?

I actually have a similar issue with their previous waistcoat. I usually wear a 40R slim (which is snug to begin with) so the 40 slim waistcoat was out of the question and ended up going with the 40 contemp. It was pretty snug when I bought it, and even more tight when sitting but it was passable. Now that I've gained 10 pounds I can't wear it at all sitting down without feeling like I'm going to burst the seams :rotflmao:

I find it hilarious that the motivation to lose weight is to fit in clothes I already bought, but I suppose any motivation to lose some pounds is good motivation.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
Looks alright standing up, but how is it sitting down?

I actually have a similar issue with their previous waistcoat. I usually wear a 40R slim (which is snug to begin with) so the 40 slim waistcoat was out of the question and ended up going with the 40 contemp. It was pretty snug when I bought it, and even more tight when sitting but it was passable. Now that I've gained 10 pounds I can't wear it at all sitting down without feeling like I'm going to burst the seams :rotflmao:

I find it hilarious that the motivation to lose weight is to fit in clothes I already bought, but I suppose any motivation to lose some pounds is good motivation.
It forced me to sit upright when I initially posted this. Again, not a bad thing. It's not horribly uncomfortable.

I'll take any motivation I can get to drop a few pounds.

Thanks for the feedback!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please do. Want to take advantage of the BF deal if I decide to pull the trigger.
IMG_3210.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads