• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

milktoast

Reaction score
Kind of astonished that so many folks are disappointed at 20% off when S&M already has reasonable prices (and this is coming from me - a cheap bastard). Nonetheless, finally managed to add the scarf to my cart, along with a couple of shirts, and a turtleneck. Next (and final) purchase for the year will be a coat or jacket. Not sure what I'll be going with, so I'll spend another few weeks deciding that.

Happy holiday shopping, gents.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO grey fresco suit in the cart. It will be for my covered but outdoor wedding in Sante Fe in the summer. My bride has an ankle length dress. Private ceremony with only 4-6 guests.
I keep changing the hip pocket styles. The rest is ready to order.
Any suggestions? I know nobody will notice but me ?
Jetted pockets over everything.

ptfly

Reaction score
Wore my new stone covert trousers today and love them. My size went out of stock last year and it was a regret.
Anyone with pics or opinion on the light grey color?
Really wish they had a mid or light brown.

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
Does Spier mackay ship custom and RTW at the same time when in the same order or will they ship out the RTW first?

jermyzy

Reaction score
MTO grey fresco suit in the cart. It will be for my covered but outdoor wedding in Sante Fe in the summer. My bride has an ankle length dress. Private ceremony with only 4-6 guests.

Jetted pockets over everything.

For a formal event, I agree that jetted looks best. Having said that, I own suits with jetted, flap, and patch pockets.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jetted all day, especially for a wedding. The clean lines of the midsection is a great look.

jamie411

Reaction score
And then we wonder why awesome businesses go under lol.

I think it’s okay to be disappointed when this BF sale is comparable to sales they’ve been running for weeks and is a smaller discount than previous BF sales. Disappointment is about not meeting expectations, and most long time customers of SM probably expected a comparable sale to previous ones.

I’m sure no one on here wants SM to go out of business.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got pics of the beanies?

Verniza

Reaction score
I think it’s okay to be disappointed when this BF sale is comparable to sales they’ve been running for weeks and is a smaller discount than previous BF sales. Disappointment is about not meeting expectations, and most long time customers of SM probably expected a comparable sale to previous ones.

Probably the most accurate summary.

Overall, didn't feel like anything special and is part & parcel of the usual promos they run. Esp compared to previous BF sales.

Was expecting a bit more to encourage me to buy stuff I want but don't need. But glad it didn't as well, I guess the people who wanted a bit more discount, just wanted to feel like they got a bargain and give ourselves an excuse to over consume

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

some stuff has barely been out 1-2 months due to supply chain issues…. Sure it’s nothing special but some good deals regardless.

I bought the green polo coat not even a month ago but for example don’t feel bad for it turning up in the sale as I wanted to be sure I could get my size

cr2596

Reaction score
Been wearing this and the lighter wash a good bit at work, the last week or so. A bit baggier of a fit compared to all my other 15.5 Slim shirts, sans linen, but that suits this shirt well. Sleeves a bit long for me, but all sports shirts are. Otherwise, I quite like these. The weight is just right to be immediately comfortable, albeit a bit warm above 75°F. We shall see how they hold up over time and many a beatings. The quality suggests well. Looking forward to the patina.

IMG_20211124_041525~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_041525.jpg
    IMG_20211124_041525.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 71

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads