• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dapperclassic

Reaction score
I received today the sleeves cardigan. I’ll try to post some pictures tomorrow. I have a positive first impression, it is indeed a shorter length, wondering if it is too short tough. Have anyone received yours as well, and would like to share feedback?
I think these are designed to be worn with a high rise trouser so that they fall just past the waistband. I find most of my other cardigans are too long (including past season Spier ones) and they bunch up at the waist. See below example of last year's brown LS merino cardigan which I feel is too long

SmartSelect_20210918-090535_Instagram.jpg

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Lately I've gotten into 100% cotton heavier weight denim and raw denim thus discovered that jeans are, in fact, not comfortable. Putting on my Spier chinos the day after I've worn jeans is like a glorious release from suffering.

Writing this out makes me question my life decisions...
I agree that chinos are more comfortable but jeans are just so low maintenance. Never require ironing, you can wash them once every few months, they hide small stains and blemishes.

I bought one pair of raw denim (3sixteen) nearly a decade ago when it was all the rage. Thankfully they held their value reasonably well and I got rid of them on eBay a few years later. Nicer denim just isn't for me. I stick with my three pairs of Gap jeans that are nearly a decade old.

wilcthree

Reaction score
Looking dapper as always, mate. Are the trousers different to others you usually wear? These make your legs look longer than in other pictures for some reason.
Good question. They’re pretty much the same. Might be the camera angle and how I’m standing. I also didn’t wear braces with those trews so they might have sat a little lower, causing the leg to appear longer.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that chinos are more comfortable but jeans are just so low maintenance. Never require ironing, you can wash them once every few months, they hide small stains and blemishes.

I bought one pair of raw denim (3sixteen) nearly a decade ago when it was all the rage. Thankfully they held their value reasonably well and I got rid of them on eBay a few years later. Nicer denim just isn't for me. I stick with my three pairs of Gap jeans that are nearly a decade old.
Naah they're all low maintenance. As long as you have 2 maids.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"It looks ugly and old but the polo is uglier", says my gf who is next to me right now.
Not trying to impress your girlfriend.

Also, I just threw it on over what I wore to work to see if it fit, obviously not wearing it like this when I actually wear it. I've been working 17+ hour days this week on disaster recovery from the hurricane we were hit by and you've already made it clear you don't like cricket sweaters, so my capacity to give a shit what you or your girlfriend think at this point is nonexistent.

dangaa

Reaction score

Also, I just threw it on over what I wore to work to see if it fit, obviously not wearing it like this when I actually wear it. I've been working 17+ hour days this week on disaster recovery from the hurricane we were hit by and you've already made it clear you don't like cricket sweaters, so my capacity to give a shit what you or your girlfriend think at this point is nonexistent.
I hope you and everyone else affected by the hurricane are staying safe. 🤞

BomTrady

Reaction score

I like it. It looks great. It's preppy and fits in perfectly with the clean classic look of the rest of your wardrobe.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, the cricket sweater might be one of those things that we (the guys) like, but women find “disdainful.” I considered getting it. The look on my gf’s face when I showed her what it looked like was the same look she gives cargo shorts.

DapperPhilly

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, the cricket sweater might be one of those things that we (the guys) like, but women find “disdainful.” I considered getting it. The look on my gf’s face when I showed her what it looked like was the same look she gives cargo shorts.
My wife doesn't care for cargo shorts or cargo long pants. I wear them anyways. Not a deal breaker.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.