• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silly uestion, but when the quest cotton wrinkles, does it wrinkle more like a linen, which I always find to be very distinctive (many many small wrinkles and creases, I think you all know what I mean), or does it wrinkle more like most cottons, with more of that sort of 'waffling' you'd expect from regular cotton trousers or jeans. Ditto for the sondrios
Sliding scale, more wrinkles to less, I see it as 100% linen, Quests, Sondrios.

Neither the Quests nor Sondrios do that Accordion wrinkling that seems to be unique to thin 100% linen.

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
That’s lapel size is roughly 4.25 inches with the traditional double breasted lapel I have another one with 3.2 inches that just looks really off balance and there’s a few other problems with that one but it was my first made to measure suit, so needless to say I was stumbling blindly through that process
Looks great on you!

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
You know what, I take it back, this looks great! Good point on being on an actual person vs. a hanger or mannequin.
Yeah, it conforms differently I guess. They're really nice and feel/look like they'll thrive in the midst of whatever "fashion" says is cool over the next decade

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the hopsack on me for comparison. Same cut as the linen but its a 6x2 vs. 4x2 stance View attachment 1649554
From what I can see, lapel size seems to balance out well across the chest and against the shoulder line. A shot more inclusive of top to bottom would help with making a better assessment. On DBs, if the jacket is too compact, fuller lapels, especially one's with more belly, can throw off the look.

Edit: @Rob_Gaines Where'd you get those brass buttons? I've been thinking about putting some on my navy serge sporcoat I got from Spier in the Spring.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing issues with the legs of the linen pieces twisting? When sitting, the crease rotates quite a bit. Maybe it’s just a linen thing because I’m not having the issues with anything else.

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
From what I can see, lapel size seems to balance out well across the chest and against the shoulder line. A shot more inclusive of top to bottom would help with making a better assessment. On DBs, if the jacket is too compact, fuller lapels, especially one's with more belly, can throw off the look.

Edit: @Rob_Gaines Where'd you get those brass buttons? I've been thinking about putting some on my navy serge sporcoat I got from Spier in the Spring.
Agreed! I took a quick photo right after it arrived. Would need my wife to snag a full body.

I grabbed the buttons on Amazon (they're antique brass, which I find more subdued). The link is acting up but heres a screenshot. Dope part is this is a 14-button set which is perfect for a db
Screenshot_20210806-140350_Chrome.jpg

I also recommend Bennos Buttons. I grabbed these antique brass equestrian buttons from there for my triple patch pocket S&M blazer:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed! I took a quick photo right after it arrived. Would need my wife to snag a full body.

I grabbed the buttons on Amazon (they're antique brass, which I find more subdued). The link is acting up but heres a screenshot. Dope part is this is a 14-button set which is perfect for a db View attachment 1649598

I also recommend Bennos Buttons. I grabbed these antique brass equestrian buttons from there for my triple patch pocket S&M blazer:
Aye! Good looking out! I’d been looking at buttons over the last couple month but gave up because I was apprehensive about styling and quality. Might have to talk with you more about different button options.

Rob_Gaines

Reaction score
Aye! Good looking out! I’d been looking at buttons over the last couple month but gave up because I was apprehensive about styling and quality. Might have to talk with you more about different button options.
I'm here bro! I'll help however I can. As my wife likes to remind me, I'm very particular about my clothing so I feel where you and every guy in here is coming from. It's gotta be right.

rainmaker

Reaction score
Denim shirt enthusiasts, attached is a photo from Spier's instagram. Is this Spier's "Light Wash" or "Dark Wash"? Any thoughts on how someone should choose which wash for their first denim shirt? Also happy to see any photos of you folks wearing your Spier denim shirts.

Attachments

• 147962786_4109297209135837_997864423369048183_n.jpg
    147962786_4109297209135837_997864423369048183_n.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 63

MrFingers

Reaction score
Denim shirt enthusiasts, attached is a photo from Spier's instagram. Is this Spier's "Light Wash" or "Dark Wash"? Any thoughts on how someone should choose which wash for their first denim shirt? Also happy to see any photos of you folks wearing your Spier denim shirts.
I think that’s either the light or medium. Do it like me and buy all colors then return whatever you don’t like

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks like the light wash to me, looks similar to mine

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the light wash
photos of light, medium and dark below
IMG_6752.jpg

IMG_6446.jpg
IMG_6022.jpg

Speaking of denim shirts,
Anybody received and worn a denim popover yet?
I love the denim shirts but wasn't sure about a denim popover. Received a light wash denim pop today. Fits great. I may have underestimated the denim pop. Anybody?

MrFingers

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads